App for Locking/Unlocking Credit Report

This new Equifax app may be convenient for people impacted by the Equifax breach who have frozen, or want to freeze, their account(s), and it's free. When, for example, one needs to allow a company, such as a cell service provider, access to their credit report, this is a quick and hassle-free way to do so. It does have a few limitations, but the pros seem to outweigh the cons.

https://www.consumerreports.org/credit-scores-reports/pros-and-cons-of-equifax-lock-and-alert/

Indeed! Looks like a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will encourage the credit bureaus to reduce or eliminate fees for freezing credit reports, too.

This app, only for Equifax, does allow free unlocking(or unfreezing) and freelocking(freezing) at the swipe of the app on one's phone, or via pc. I got signed up today, got the app, and now when I go to T Mobile to open a postpaid account that requires a credit check, I can unfreeze the account in the store and refreeze the account when the deed has been done, assuming it works as promised.