Any predictions on how well the Ting "takeover" will go?

I'm waiting until tomorrow.

I believe Ting said the $35 credit will appear just before the monthly bill is out. They are post paid, so in 29 days, I guess.

My Ringplus lines are still alive and kicking. Anyone else's lines still active?

Are you sure you are still on RingPlus?

What happens when you call 611?

Did you not get any emails from Ting?

No one is on RingPlus anymore. All lines migrated to Ting yesterday.

It seems as if some confusion is happening with regard to the migration at this point.

Several members have no MSL showing under Device Settings.

Others are receiving "invalid MEID" messages.

Some are also unsure about what to do if porting out.

Ting reps appear to be less visible these last few hours.

It seems as if the decision to handle each question as it arises is, unfortunately, proving to be problematic.

My recollection on how to port out was that you click on the email from ting, and, it tells you on the screen how to port out if you don't want to stay with Ting (no credit card required). One of the radio buttons on the very first screen says "I do not agree to the Terms of Service. I would like to port out my number." At the time, seemed pretty simple, but, i didn't follow that path as I wanted a free month.

I am still making calls via Ringplus and my lines still show as "active" on the Ringplus dashboard. Seems all lines were not migrated yesterday.

I'm still active on RingPlus and using data.

Check your minutes/texts/data itemized billing usage on RingPlus. Nothing updated since Tuesday (yesterday) morning. That's when it migrated to Ting.

If you didn't activate with Ting via the emailed link, your line is in a Ting "holding" account. They provided a 2-3 day grace with an unspecified limited amount of usage allocation until you either accept Ting's terms and provide a CC# or port it out. If neither is done they'll suspend your service probably no later than Friday even if you didn't use up your grace allocation before then.

I wish the spelt that out when they sent the email.

I have a feeling they'll send a follow up email before and after the account is suspended. They want to acquire as many customers as they can.

I think the Ting reps on the forum have done a great job in very difficult circumstances.

The way Ting management has handled the situation from a communication perspective is less impressive.

Clearly, there was a time schedule and detailed operational plan in place at the technical level. Obviously, management did not see the need to make sure all the critical information members would need was made available in an easily accessible way, widely announced, and updated as circumstances warranted.

That is quite revealing since there has been adequate lead time to do this.