Analytical Chops of R+ Members

After reading the posts by R+ members who recently migrated to the various MNVOS mentioned on the R+ and Nth Circle forums, the question occurred to me: have the migrated to phone companies been surprised by the combined dialectical ability of R+ members to disclose the strengths and weaknesses of their particular system? I suspect that they have been somewhat gobsmacked by this group analysis, for, in my opinion, if R+ members derived anything positive from the R+ experience, the honing of the ability to solve problems as a group was a major positive that members took with them as they migrated. On the R+ forum, prior to migration to Ting, I jokingly said that the major concern of the Ting staff should be that R+ members were going to be on their forum.Were the MNVOs surprised or not?

"in my opinion, if R+ members derived anything positive from the R+ experience, the honing of the ability to solve problems as a group was a major positive that members took with them as they migrated."

Concise and cogent statement Thank You!
It remains to be proven if we can leverage our experience , and numbers, into a force for positive change within the telecom industry

"It remains to be proven if we can leverage our experience , and numbers, into a force for positive change within the telecom industry"

That would seem a rather ambitious goal and perhaps we could leave the heavy lifting to The Invisible Hand that is fairly effective in that role.

What we have done is to leverage our collective skills to help ourselves--that is more than good enough for me at least.:slight_smile:

Sure , Look up President John Kennedy's goal of landing a man on the moon, before 1970, if you wish to see an ambitious goal that was met.
If we lose dreamers and idealists in future generations to a simple society of lowered expectations, what a sad society for us to pass on to future generations.

Furthermore, i would speculate that the smartphones which many of us now have, have more computing power than the entire mission control center which got us to the moon,and, have a direct link to the technology development program which got us to the moon.

If we lose dreamers and idealists in future generations to a simple society of lowered expectations, what a sad society for us to pass on to future generations.
+1

Furthermore, i would speculate that the smartphones which many of us now have, have more computing power than the entire mission control center which got us to the moon,and, have a direct link to the technology development program which got us to the moon.

+1

On the aspiration aspect, I do agree with you and also think you are correct on the advances in technology.

To be fair, getting to the moon was something we knew how to do in principle since the days of Newton--we just did not have the tools to pull it off successfully until the middle of the last century.

Since the moon landing almost 50 years ago, a awful lot of very smart people around the world have continued to try to solve problems like the telecom sector issues without much success.

I am not saying it cannot be done--just that is it not terribly obvious where to start, what outcome we would want, and what mechanisms might be needed to bring that about.

"I am not saying it cannot be done--just that is it not terribly obvious where to start, what outcome we would want, and what mechanisms might be needed to bring that about."

Step 1) Clearly stated terms and conditions defining what the telecom will provide and what the subscriber is responsible for.
Ex. the delayed usage reporting by Sprint is clearly unacceptable, putting MVNO's in the intolerable position of passing costs off to subscribers. who have signed up for hard limits.
The technology exists in this day and age for accurate up to the minute reporting of usage. Sprints delayed reporting is just simply unnaceptable

Ex. the delayed usage reporting by Sprint

Funny you should mention that as I just commented on that point yesterday on Social. In essence, I said it made no sense to me because it clearly was in Sprint's interest to have the MVNOs get the information as soon as possible since that maximized the chances of collecting from the user which in turn maximized the chance the MVNO would be able to pay Sprint.

In thinking about it afterward I wondered if the problem might be that the MVNOs need to develop their own software to map from the Sprint files to their own internal billing modules and if that is where the problem might lie--pure speculation of course since I have no actual information.

"In thinking about it afterward I wondered if the problem might be that the MVNOs need to develop their own software to map from the Sprint files to their own internal billing modules and if that is where the problem might lie--pure speculation of course since I have no actual information."

Good analysis!
If so, then that is an easy fix. I'd love to hear mvno reps chime in about the problem and possible fixes.