A small update to ease the pain (Hopefully)

Doxxing or outing where people live should not be part of the discussion.

I personally find CN's recent behavior absolutely indefensible. I guess each to their own.

I sure don't remember CN posted a warning sign stating we shouldn't port our primary lines.

I agree with that. I didn't see that happen. My understanding of doxxing is that it is when private information is made public. It's usually when an anonymous poster has private information revealed.

I didn't see any private information revealed. The person in question does not post here anonymously.

I do know of an incident when someone on this board did engage in doxxing and it wasn't in this thread.

I do believe it was getting out of hand with people linking him to another tom mannix without a shred of real evidence that they were linked other than a kind of resemblance to a blurry photo and being in the same State.

There were calls to email this other Tom and other such things.

The other Tom Mannix may be totally unrelated and does not belong in this discussion. Leave the PI ing to the pros.

I think it was pointed out that the contact phone number for the two Tom Mannix's were the same.

But of course, emailing might not be wise.

Now, what harm was done here that prompted such a visceral reaction? Tom Mannix has not been anonymous here or about CellNUVO. And the other Tom Mannix, who apparently is the same Tom Mannix, is a public figure. Neither of them were being discussed as private individuals, it was their public information, information that they had put out there, that was being discussed.

Hey everyone. My main concern is for the forum to remain civil so that participation is encouraged, not discouraged. I'm not going to get into specifics to justify why/how I decided to moderate this thread (and I'm already breaking my own rule of not explaining mod actions), but I'd just like to make this one point:

There's been (understandably) mounting frustrations with CellNUVO's services. What's been sorely lacking lately is useful information, updates, or communication from Tom et. al. But the way this particular thread was going – with for vs. against flame warring and even talk of (I assume, jokingly) retaliating against Tom personally – that does anything but encourage better communication from Tom/CN. In the past, Tom was good with his open dialog with users in these forums. That's, what I believe, led to CN's recent growth, this willingness to be transparent and directly engage customers. We need to encourage more of that, not less.

You or whoever was attempting to "defame" him with minimal evidence at best.

You bring up ringplus half the time also insinuating they are doing something shady. Sure they have done plenty wrong but it has nothing to do with ringplus.

It doesn't help either that you have no interest in cellnuvo with no line yet seem to have a lot to say on the subject. Which you are free to of course but it is weird.

I think that people affected by what is going on should do their own due diligence on the matter. Removing information that individuals are free to evaluate the validity of does not help do that. Hungry Ghost feels that negative comments will discourage Tom from commenting here but the fact is that if Tom cared about the users, he would have already commented about something as serious as lost numbers and service for 4 weeks.

Denying reality is not the solution here. Sometimes the truth is uncomfortable but it is better to hear it. I think enough time has passed that it is valid to begin addressing what is uncomfortable to hear.

As to why R+ is relevant, I refer you to this:

No. If that were the case, I'd have targeted all recent CellNUVO threads, which have been overwhelmingly negative.

What is unacceptable in these forums is not negative commentary, but commentary that encourages possible harassment or doxxing of individuals. It doesn't matter if the information being discussed is publicly available or not. When someone's unrelated personal information is published here within a context of retaliation or "payback", no, I will not let that stand.

Also, for everyone concerned about censorship here:

Yes, I delete comments and/or threads at times. This happens infrequently and usually with lots of reservation on my part. I moderate discussions by relying on the forum community to flag and report content that may be objectionable. I do this not so discussions are moderated via "mob rule". I do this as practical matter of time, since I don't/can't personally monitor all forum threads. But more importantly, I rely on the community flagging because I believe this approach serves as a check against my own instincts. I've read plenty of commentary in these forums that I personally find objectionable, comments I often think crosses some line of propriety. But I almost never scrub such comments based solely on my own opinion. Almost always, I moderate a discussion only when others have complained and when I ALSO agree with those complaints. It's an imperfect system, to be sure, but that's the best compromise I've come up with how to manage the forum, as impartially as I'm able.

I originally planned this to be JUST about this small update, i wasn't expecting this kind of response honestly. I thought it would be nice to try to give some people a sense of reassurance that Cellnuvo has no ill intent. Sure, even i'm a little bit upset and im sure most of you are, but patience is a virtue. It wont kill you to unplug from society/technology every now and then, in fact, i actually see some positivity from all this; ive been alot more focused in life without pulling out my phone so much. But anyways, dont be upset and smile a little :slight_smile: