How Did You Pick Your Username?

More
2 years 6 months ago #10745 by mmfacemm
Unfortunately mine was just a dummy name for facebook that was easy to remember. I hate facebook but I could only get timely support from a couple of companies via facebook chat. I wanted a throw away email for ringplus too so just used the same.

The avatar - well you all know where that came from!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JTSR71
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #10747 by JTSR71
Replied by JTSR71 on topic How Did You Pick Your Username?

Isamorph wrote: @ Mr. Diedrich Coffee for two. I cannot clearly remember precisely how I originally chose this username, in addition to many other things. But I do remember that I had to come up with a name for my Youtube channel that I created to privately share videos a with family and friends, and after I was informed that the first few names I chose had already been taken, I just created a username that I was pretty certain had not been taken. Thus-- "I is a morph" it was, which was, I think, vaguely derived from something I was reading at the time. Since then, I have used this name on this forum, the R+ forum, and a Linux forum.

The morph character was the sidekick / star on an art show for kids when I was growing up. Used to love watching him and he was quite an institution on the BBC.

Back then, he was made out of plasticine and animated through still photos.

• JTSR71
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #10750 by JTSR71
JTSR71 consists of the 4 initials of the one who got away and 71 is 2 numbers away from 69.

More
2 years 6 months ago #10753 by hungryghost
I thought I saw a ghost, once. And after browsing through this forum, I'm usually pretty hungry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 years 6 months ago #10764 by Ente
Ente is enter without the r at the end. I like that it's short and has a good chance of being available at most sites. The avatar is the view from behind a sector of a Sprint cell tower.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #10918 by Diedrich_Duo
Many thanks to all who replied! (Still waiting for D_vs_T's epic username tale, but no doubt it will be worth the wait. :) )

Speaking of D_vs_T, if you don't mind my asking, which 3 avatars were your favorites? Inquiring minds want to know...

• JTSR71
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #10949 by JTSR71

Diedrich_Duo wrote: Many thanks to all who replied! (Still waiting for D_vs_T's epic username tale, but no doubt it will be worth the wait. :) )

Speaking of D_vs_T, if you don't mind my asking, which 3 avatars were your favorites? Inquiring minds want to know...

I want to know what "atalleof" means.