How Did You Pick Your Username?

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #10722 by Diedrich_Duo
Greetings, All,

Thanks to the efforts of @HungryGhost, Nth Circle is quite the forum! It has been great to see the variety of usernames used by all of us who post here, so I thought it might be fun to have a chance to share how we picked the names we are using.

Since I'm starting this thread, I'll go first. My wife and I used to love Diedrich Coffee out here in CA. We bought it regularly until Diedrich was bought out by Starbucks. She has found acceptable substitutes there, but none of them quite compare to what we used to get at Diedrich.

So... who else is ready to share the story behind your usernames? Looking forward to some more interesting stories... thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #10726 by Chelle
This is going to have you at the edge of your seat:

I pulled my driver's license out of my purse, looked where it said, "First Name," and typed it into the little box.

That was it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, Mark

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #10728 by Chelle
During my time as a moderator I was often called a RingPlus "minion".

My avatar is what I would look like as a minion.

I was called other things, as well, but didn't know how to draw any of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 years 6 months ago #10729 by Diedrich_Duo

Dewey_vs_Truman wrote: ===========================
This is an excellent topic thread you have created...........but the rationale behind the choice of our user name can be quite revealing and quite disparate from the actual name itself. I will post the story behind mine after I word it carefully......... (surprisingly, mine is unrelated to the 1948 election).

Simultaneously, could we also share the story of how we chose our Avatars? There are three that are my absolute favorites!

Great question re: avatars! I picked mine back on the old Social Forum in honor of all the money we were saving with RingPlus.

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to your carefully worded username story!

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #10730 by Diedrich_Duo

Chelle wrote: This is going to have you at the edge of your seat:

I pulled my driver's license out of my purse, looked where it said, "First Name," and typed it into the little box.

That was it!

Sometimes, simplest is best. Good choice!

Ditto for your avatar. Do you miss moderating? What do you do instead to get your daily quotas of hassle and grief? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
2 years 6 months ago #10731 by Diedrich_Duo

Chelle wrote: During my time as a moderator I was often called a RingPlus "minion".

I was called other things, as well, but didn't know how to draw any of them.

Your limited(?) drawing skills are probably a good thing, as some of those other things would no doubt not be appropriate for this forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
2 years 6 months ago #10733 by Isamorph
@ Mr. Diedrich Coffee for two. I cannot clearly remember precisely how I originally chose this username, in addition to many other things. But I do remember that I had to come up with a name for my Youtube channel that I created to privately share videos a with family and friends, and after I was informed that the first few names I chose had already been taken, I just created a username that I was pretty certain had not been taken. Thus-- "I is a morph" it was, which was, I think, vaguely derived from something I was reading at the time. Since then, I have used this name on this forum, the R+ forum, and a Linux forum.

More
2 years 6 months ago #10737 by Diedrich_Duo

Isamorph wrote: @ Mr. Diedrich Coffee for two. I cannot clearly remember precisely how I originally chose this username, in addition to many other things. But I do remember that I had to come up with a name for my Youtube channel that I created to privately share videos a with family and friends, and after I was informed that the first few names I chose had already been taken, I just created a username that I was pretty certain had not been taken. Thus-- "I is a morph" it was, which was, I think, vaguely derived from something I was reading at the time. Since then, I have used this name on this forum, the R+ forum, and a Linux forum.

Thanks for your reply! Your story (not to mention that Kinda-Sorta-R-Rated video) is, as D_vs_T said, quite revealing. :)

More
2 years 6 months ago #10738 by mmfacemm

Isamorph wrote: @ Mr. Diedrich Coffee for two. I cannot clearly remember precisely how I originally chose this username, in addition to many other things. But I do remember that I had to come up with a name for my Youtube channel that I created to privately share videos a with family and friends, and after I was informed that the first few names I chose had already been taken, I just created a username that I was pretty certain had not been taken. Thus-- "I is a morph" it was, which was, I think, vaguely derived from something I was reading at the time. Since then, I have used this name on this forum, the R+ forum, and a Linux forum.

That brings back memories!

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #10740 by realLexusl21
www.generatorland.com

To make a screen name