Swap query...what happens if you made a mistake...??

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #1 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
So, if someone set up the swap deal - got the new phone - and in their hurry to send in the old phone, just happened to grab the wrong phone out of the box of dead things that will be equally incompatible with Visible...

Are they fussy about what gets sent in with icky repercussions ??

This inquiring mind would love to know ?!?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2 by mmfacemm
I don't think it matters
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #3 by redrotors
In the past they have not been in my experience and others reports. I've never sent them a totally dead phone though, just a different phone than the IMEI I entered.

You may want to keep an eye on the current SD thread in case there is a random report either way.
slickdeals.net/f/15372883-visible-port-in-moto-g-pure-free-with-swap-with-one-month-service-25-free-shipping-25

ETA -
- in light of your chat-
I did once send a phone w/o battery. IF they wanted to bother plugging the phone in it would turn on but I'm guessing they never bothered. I put a note in the box saying I kept the batt. because it was damaged/swollen & didn't seem safe to ship.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #4 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Too funny !!
Tried their various help options - meh - and then a chat - it went like so:

I made a swap & put in the wrong IMEI - will that cause problems ??

Thank you for bringing this to our knowledge, it’s important for us to make sure you are having the best experience with Visible.

The phone I returned is also incompatible here...

There should not be a problem.

Good - also, all that was sent is the phone - no battery, etc, is that correct ??

Yes.

You send the phone without a battery?

Correct.

I have checked and your IMEI should be a match.

It is a phone that died.

It was not functional?

correct.

And from that point onward all I got was nonsense - so I gave up & signed off that silly thing.

So I'm guessing they got lots of mismatched junk before & got fussy - but lacking for an open instruction page for the return, I thought it was 'sposed to be just a bare phone & didn't matter if it worked or not...maybe this has changed ??

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #5 by bingyee
During the summer, Visible tried to charge me for two swaps. The message I got each time was that my swap deadline had expired without them receiving the phone I sent. I later learned that this is their standard message when you swap in a phone they deem to not have met their swap requirements. Fortunately, both times, I used a virtual card, so Visible's attempt to charge me bounced. They never followed up further.

Since then, I've done a few more swaps of completely dead phones, where I got the 'swap deadline has expired' email, but Visible did not try to charge me. One time, I sent in an activation locked iPhone 5 with a bad home button (which did have power) and Visible actually sent me a message that I was good to go!

Bottom line is that if you use a virtual card, you should have no worries.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #6 by mmfacemm
It is supposed to at least turn on. They don't require a battery but it must at least turn on via a power cable if there is no battery.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #7 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I can easily send in the whole phone, battery eetc. as it is free shipping, so who cares, right ??

What I realized belatedly is that this is a perfect use for a 100% useless LG Slider which is approved for swap by their checker - but NOT what I had signed up with.
That is a perfectly good, newer, useful device & I wish I had thought more clearly at that time.

Sadly, they have no direct means to contact them EXCEPT for their useless outsourced chat or via (anti-)social media - or I'd try to change the submitted IMEI for sure.

The email from them does say this:
"You chose Visible Swap. Just send us your old phone in good working condition within 14 days to avoid being charged."

Looks like I won't be lightening up my junk collection very much, this time...!

Addendum:
Just re-tried their chat & with a different agent perhaps I'll get better results as now an official ticket has been opened to get that # changed...we'll see...

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #8 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Okee dokee.
The official internal support ticket got us an emailed response:

I’m Johanna with Visible Care. I'm reaching out regarding your Swap order.

We wanted to let you know that, we cannot correct the information as the order has already been processed, however, we recommend that you send an incompatible device as this is a requirement for the Swap Program, also, remember that the device must be unlocked and must be sent within 14 days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out.

If you’d like to speak with an expert about your case, tweet @VisibleCare, tap Help in the app, chat in through the website or send us a message on the Visible Facebook page. Reference Number (blah, blah, blah).

From my POV, the ONLY useful aspect of that, for me, is that it ALMOST seems like she is saying to go ahead and send in a different device - as long as it is incompatible.

I even tried emailing a reply, which got this auto-reply:

If you need help, please use chat instead of email. (We can't reply to the email you sent us.)

Which clearly shows why I will NOT remain a Visible user outside of it serving our immediate needs & budget - hateful support options - a phone provider WITHOUT phone support and NO EMAIL ?!?
'SPEAK' with us via chat ?? Ree-dik-oh-rous. And...
Meh twice.

Getting back to the swappiness ideas now=>
I am tempted to send in an LG Mach that was in my junk box - works (mostly) and is CDMA, but may not meet their spec for 'unlocked' simply by not being GSM...dunno.

What I specified is a perfectly good, but unactivated KG K8, which can get used for hobby stuff vs. the Mach, which is quite useless here.

That swap will wait a wee bit as I have more pressing matters right now such as some cooking, seasonal readiness, and packing up an SE for a great swap offer I got via this forum !!

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #9 by KentE
The LG Mach should be fine-- I traded one on a swap some time ago.. The Mach does have an IMEI in addition to the MEID. (The VIsible IMEI test won't accept an MEID.) There isn't a requirement that it's GSM-- they'll accept old Sprint & Verizon phones, too. (Me playing by the rules-- I made sure my swap did have an IMEI that failed, while the much older CDMA devices sometimes had only MEID.)

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Thanks KentE !!
My only wonderment right now is based upon whether I will dare to send in the Mach rather than the K8 based upon the last rep's sort of sideways verbiage which seemed to be a very careful way of saying - go ahead and do it, or...
Am I just being too optimistic in my impression, perhaps ??

At any event, I'm also seeing here that there have been 'threats' of being charged for various things - but nobody here has said that they actually had to pay for the free phone - quite the opposite.

And then...at the risk of number loss - one could likely try this switcheroo, and if it goes poorly, just cancel the services & try to return the free phone and get a refund, maybe.

Pretty slippery stuff by the looks of it !!