Visible new features

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #1 by mmfacemm
1.Referral program is back.  Whenever someone uses your code you get a month for $5.  Max 12 at a time. 
Here is mine and a few others:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/general/76-referral-links-allowed-in-this-thread-only-hungryghost?start=140#51220

2. Calls to Canada/Mexico and more are now free

3. Partypay groups are now unlimited in number.  You don't get any extra benefit other than if someone drops out you won'get get a surprise extra bill for if you still have 4+ members. 

4. New official visible community forum
community.visible.com/

See here for more:
www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/lg5pvw/big_news_from_visible_29_release/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, PEW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #2 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Visible new features
I wonder what the impact will be on the Reddit Visible subforum, if Visible has their own community. I imagine Visible reps will become less active on Reddit, but it will retain followers for discussing how to get the most benefit from Reddit.
I'm hoping the Visible Community doesn't become another official forum where problems are immediately taken out of the forum and handled on a one-to-one basis via PM, which often results in the community not learning anything about why something didn't work, and what the solutions might be.

I'm also curious about the effect of unlimited Party sizes. Will this make it harder for new Parties to get started? (Why join a party with 2 members, if you can join one that already has 5.....)

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #3 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic Visible new features
All very interesting. I certainly appreciate the larger groups, but wonder why make them unlimited and what the impact of that will be.

Id imagine that there will be many that rather not be part of a huge group with their limited information shared (name and partial phone number).

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #4 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Visible new features
I like how you only see the name and partial number when someone joins now. It isn't listed after that. I'd rather theynot show any of the number at all but they are getting there.

There is just no advantage to small groups.  If a few decide to leave your bill is impacted.  But if you are in a group with 100s then no problem.  

Not really liking the new community forum. It is very busy design wise and socially oriented with badges and all that stuff.  Hard to find important info. in my opinion.  

It is kind of sad really to see what is happening. Reddit is currently being swamped by referrals and parties.  Everyone trying to grab what they can.  

And not really seeing the point of the referral program since the person signing up gets nothing.  Not much incentive other than helping out a fellow user.  

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #5 by KentE

mmfacemm wrote: ...

And not really seeing the point of the referral program since the person signing up gets nothing.  Not much incentive other than helping out a fellow user.  

The info Visible has released certainly doesn't make this clear, focusing more on the what's in it for the person offering a referral.
But if I email my referral link to another email address, I see this:
"A friend wants you to try Visible. And, well, we do too, so here's half off your first month ($20) when you use this code- "

So there is something in it for the person using the code. I haven't checked, but I suspect Visible might discontinue the generic 1st-month promo codes in favor of this.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #6 by mmfacemm
I checked and the referral doesn't add anything. I removed the $15 new member discount and then added a referral and the price was $40. So it doesn't do anything for the person signing up. SAVE2021 gets you $20 off and appears to stackwith the referral.

Seems odd. Maybe a glitch?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #7 by KentE
ddddd

mmfacemm wrote: I checked and the referral doesn't add anything. I removed the $15 new member discount and then added a referral and the price was $40. So it doesn't do anything for the person signing up. SAVE2021 gets you $20 off and appears to stackwith the referral.

Seems odd. Maybe a glitch?

Yep, something's odd.  I I try to replicate your path, I see a prefilled $15 discount (using an incognito browser to avoid any cookies) before I apply my referral code.  Applying the referral code says it's accepted, but the $15 discount doesn't change.  It definitely doesn't match the $20 discount that my emailed invitation indicates.   I don't know what part is screwed up, or how it should be working.  Does your self-mailed invitation indicate a discount amount like mine does?  ($20 in mine.)

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #8 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic Visible new features
SAVE2021 expired so it doesn't matter.  You get a $15 discount on the 1st month whether you use a referral or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #9 by KentE

bingyee wrote: SAVE2021 expired so it doesn't matter.  You get a $15 discount on the 1st month whether you use a referral or not.

Then that seems to confirm mmfacemm's observation that there's no advantage to a new customer to use a referral code, at least for now.  Not only that, but since the shoppoing cart seems to be preconfigured for the $15 available-to-everyone-without-a-referral discount, the chances of someone entering your referral code go way down, unless they're following a link.  (And hopefully following the link actually registers your code...)

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #10 by mmfacemm

bingyee wrote: SAVE2021 expired so it doesn't matter.  You get a $15 discount on the 1st month whether you use a referral or not.

I guess they timed it to expire at the same time.  Was working yesterday.

KentE - my email just said I'd get a month at $5 if a referral uses my code.