ZTE Blade A3 Prime

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 6 days ago #46592 by Chelle
ZTE Blade A3 Prime was created by Chelle
I thought we already had a thread on the latest Visible swap phone but I can't find it-- so I'm starting this one.

I just wanted to confirm that the phone DOES work with MTK Engineering Mode, by TheMonster, which gives the ability to select and deselect specific LTE Bands.

I helped a friend install it on her new phone and it works as it should.

That's a very good thing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, jamielih, tech-stitch, ThirstyForVerizon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #46596 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic ZTE Blade A3 Prime
can the phone be forced into 3G mode to be used on T-Mobile and AT&T?

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 6 days ago #46597 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic ZTE Blade A3 Prime

bingyee wrote: can the phone be forced into 3G mode to be used on T-Mobile and AT&T?

I didn't actually try it, but it looked like it was as configurable as the A7 Prime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, ThirstyForVerizon

More
5 days 16 hours ago #46763 by ThirstyForVerizon
The phone does have LTE band coverage on AT&T, T-Mobile.

Interestingly, if I am not mistaken, it lacks B66 which was surprising.

More
4 days 19 hours ago #46797 by ThirstyForVerizon

Chelle wrote:

bingyee wrote: can the phone be forced into 3G mode to be used on T-Mobile and AT&T?

I didn't actually try it, but it looked like it was as configurable as the A7 Prime.

Chelle, I know you personally don't have the A3 but assume you have the A7 Prime.

1. Does the A7 Prime's built in hotspot activate on a non-VZ SIM card or it complains about an auth issue?

2. What about USB tether/RNDIS? Depending on the build you have, this might check if you're already connected to a USB data port so you might need to plug it into a laptop or something that has USB host enumeration on the other side of the cable.

Not a blocker for me but the provisioning override could be a hurdle to my less savvy neighbors as they would very much like a seamless experience.

Appreciate your input.

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 days 19 hours ago - 4 days 18 hours ago #46799 by Chelle

ThirstyForVerizon wrote:

Chelle wrote:

Chelle, I know you personally don't have the A3 but assume you have the A7 Prime.

1. Does the A7 Prime's built in hotspot activate on a non-VZ SIM card or it complains about an auth issue?

2. What about USB tether/RNDIS? Depending on the build you have, this might check if you're already connected to a USB data port so you might need to plug it into a laptop or something that has USB host enumeration on the other side of the cable.

Not a blocker for me but the provisioning override could be a hurdle to my less savvy neighbors as they would very much like a seamless experience.

Appreciate your input.

I do have the A7 Prime and use it daily, but have not tried other SIMs in it, yet.

I've got a FreedomPop SIM in my 10 Prime, though.

And I haven't used USB tether in either device, yet. I use a Mango router that wirelessly bridges to the phone's hotspot.

I do a lot of tinkering. I'll have to try some of your suggestions out. :)

More
4 days 12 hours ago #46806 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic ZTE Blade A3 Prime

Chelle wrote: I use a Mango router that wirelessly bridges to the phone's hotspot

This Mango router, is it this one ?

More
4 days 11 hours ago #46807 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic ZTE Blade A3 Prime
"is this the one"----Yes. Scroll down to the bottom of the Amazon page and it says Mango there.

"Mango mini travel router
Mango by GL.iNet is your best choice for a travel router."
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 days 11 hours ago #46808 by Chelle

tech-stitch wrote:

Chelle wrote: I use a Mango router that wirelessly bridges to the phone's hotspot

This Mango router, is it this one ?

Yep!

I use one at the house and keep another in my travel kit. Excellent for a lot of reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
4 days 11 hours ago - 4 days 10 hours ago #46809 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic ZTE Blade A3 Prime
Edit (Poorly written): From what I read, looks great. Certainly I want to get one for my kit (presently have several AC powered ones with custom firmware (e.g. tomato, dd-wrt) for traveling) and bridging LTE to my home router when my ISP goes down.