All things Visible ZTE Blade 10 Prime

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #45310 by mmfacemm
Just thought I'd start a new thread on this phone rather than it getting lost in the A7 thread.

Other verizon mvnos

Phone works with Boom Verizon. You can activate and calls, texts and data work without any tweaks. So that is a good alternative if you don't want to buy unlimited with Visible.

Tracfone verizon doesn't work (Edit- used an already active sim from a moto E5 - not sure about a clean activation)

Works on T-Mobile and ATT with some settings changes

1. Add the APN for your carrier
eg www.mintmobile.com/setup-for-android/

2. Download a force network mode type app and set the preferred network type to GSM auto (PRL)
eg play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.argus.sava.networkmode&hl=en_US

3. If you want band 12 you need to install MTK Engineering mode app and manually select band 12 in the band selection. Apparently it doesn't stick on restart so you need to re-enter it each time. Personally I had issues with the phone not switching back to 4g lte after calls when I enabled this so I don't have it enabled.

Case

www.nthcircle.com/forum/visible/3184-awesome-hack-for-zte-blade-a7-prime?start=50#45298
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, als, Chosen, tech-stitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #45311 by KentE
mmfacemm writes: "Tracfone verizon doesn't work".
Do you know if the phone using that SIM had VoLTE enabled? Just a thought, since Tracfone SIMs don't seem to enable VoLTE except on activation/registration of a device in Tracfone's system, if the original SIM wasn't VoLTE capable. (i.e., swapping a SIM that didn't have VoLTE enabled into a phone that is VoLTE capable might still result in no VoLTE.)

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #45326 by mmfacemm

KentE wrote: mmfacemm writes: "Tracfone verizon doesn't work".
Do you know if the phone using that SIM had VoLTE enabled? Just a thought, since Tracfone SIMs don't seem to enable VoLTE except on activation/registration of a device in Tracfone's system, if the original SIM wasn't VoLTE capable. (i.e., swapping a SIM that didn't have VoLTE enabled into a phone that is VoLTE capable might still result in no VoLTE.)

Possibly. I activated the sim several months ago with the HSN Moto E5 deal. I don't know if that is VoLTE capable or not but it doesn't seem to be on mine. I'm not really knowledgeable about tracfone and the more I use them the more hassle they seem to be. With boom I got the sim, activated and everything just worked. I was impressed. I've seen several reports on slickdeals that tracfone verizon won't work in the blade 10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #45335 by Chelle
FYI: LTE Discovery

Not sure if it's all phones or just this model, but if you use LTE Discovery and you're on Band 66 it will show as Band 0.

No need to troubleshoot anything.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #45336 by Chelle
FYI:

If Android 10 is ever made available you will no longer be able to manipulate LTE Bands if you upgrade.

Access to those bands is removed in version 10.

That will be unacceptable, for me, because my phones are absolutely in love with the slowest LTE band, here, and Visible will become useless to me if I can't disable that band.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, tech-stitch

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #45371 by mmfacemm
mvnoresearch on reddit said today that they are likely to get more in 2 weeks but at full price no swap.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #45383 by tech-stitch
Alright, so after playing with the phone for some time, I can say I like the phone itself but I seem to be getting sub par performance on Visible compared to out other line that has the e6. Tried switching bands to see and noticed some changes but it seems inconsistent. Some selection switch over to other deselected bands (maybe that band is not here).

Later when I get a chance, I will try this again. To confirm, what is the best software to use on this specific device for type of soft mod? Any tips will be appreciated.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #45449 by Isamorph
Stir/Shaken on Verizon/Visible
Saw this report on Reddit today where Visible is blocking or warning about Robo calls. I don't know if this just started happening or if it's been in practice for a while since I've only had the Blade 10 for a short time, but it will be interesting to see how it works in any case.

www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/geozcf/call_from_unknown_number_has_a_verification/?%24deep_link

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #45451 by Isamorph

tech-stitch wrote: Alright, so after playing with the phone for some time, I can say I like the phone itself but I seem to be getting sub par performance on Visible compared to out other line that has the e6. Tried switching bands to see and noticed some changes but it seems inconsistent. Some selection switch over to other deselected bands (maybe that band is not here).

Later when I get a chance, I will try this again. To confirm, what is the best software to use on this specific device for type of soft mod? Any tips will be appreciated.

Since you already have switched bands, I don't know if Chelle's first post and more on the below link about "MTK Engineering Mode" and setting /choosing another band, etc. will help.

www.nthcircle.com/forum/visible/3184-awesome-hack-for-zte-blade-a7-prime?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, tech-stitch

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #45459 by tech-stitch
Thanks. That's the post I used. I have not had time to play with that since my last post, but hopefully I can work on that no later than this Saturday, as I want to get that phone to work either as good as the e6 or better.

Edit:

Isamorph wrote: $25 for a high quality phone is splendid. Currently, it's hard to find a good, cheap, and quickly shipped case for it, so I forked out about $15 on eBay for the one that I believe Visible sells for about $25.

www.ebay.com/itm/Designed-for-Visible-ZTE-Blade-10-Prime-TUDIA-MERGE-Dual-Layer-Cover-Case/264662753258?ssPageName

EDIT: Noticed the shipping time on this case has increased dramatically since I placed my order, which I should receive on May 7th.

@Isamorph - When you receive the case, would you be so kind as to share your experience with that case? I am strongly considering to purchase it but would love to hear first how well it works for the phone and what your thoughts are on that! Also, if anyone else purchased it, I would certainly love to read your impressions about it. Many thanks!