Please define Visible ??

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43377 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I've been poking into this service just because the 'free' E6 deal caught my curiosity, and this is a bit mysterious to me, so I ask=>

1 - Is Visible CDMA-only via Verizon, or, since VZ is 'sposed to be ditching CDMA, is it somehow GSM ??
(Asking because the E6 appears to be both...)

2 - Since they require users to install their app - is it using VOIP vs. true cellular ??

3 - The recent deal as announced seems to be for an unlocked E6 - is it really, truly carrier unlocked such that it can be re-used with an MVNO like Redpocket if one needs a GSM phone ??

4 - Is the 'free' with swap E6 deal still on, or already expired ??

Thanks for any clarifications of these things !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43378 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Please define Visible ??

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: I've been poking into this service just because the 'free' E6 deal caught my curiosity, and this is a bit mysterious to me, so I ask=>

1 - Is Visible CDMA-only via Verizon, or, since VZ is 'sposed to be ditching CDMA, is it somehow GSM ??
(Asking because the E6 appears to be both...)

2 - Since they require users to install their app - is it using VOIP vs. true cellular ??

3 - The recent deal as announced seems to be for an unlocked E6 - is it really, truly carrier unlocked such that it can be re-used with an MVNO like Redpocket if one needs a GSM phone ??

4 - Is the 'free' with swap E6 deal still on, or already expired ??

Thanks for any clarifications of these things !!

1. It is Verizon over LTE only. Voice and text are over VoLTE or Voice over LTE. There is no 3g/CDMA fallback.

2. You only need the app to activate. You can also chat with customer service via the app. It isn't voip.

3. Yes. Even works on sprint.

4. Still available but they are out of stock. They will probably restock eventually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Diedrich_Duo

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43379 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Wow - that IS cool info - HUGE THANKS Mmfacemm !!

Now that I sort of missed it, I'm thinking if it gets in stock again to get one to use in replacing my partner's Kyocera phone that she seems to always use up the battery too fast on.

Since the E6 does so much, it'll surely work on Twigby as well & I'm certain that she'd adore having a bigger, newer phone too.

Thanks again !!.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #43386 by mmfacemm
No problem. Should work on Twigby once you get the right sprint sim card for it.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43387 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Cool, thanks !!

I actually have a spare SIM that I got before seeing that her Kyocera doesn't use any, so that should be OK if/when they have any more to swap with.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43389 by tech-stitch
I have been super happy with that E6 I got from Visible. The fact that it is carrier agnostic, is a huge plus and the reason why I went with it.

I will say that I have yet to miss 3G fallback. Just one area (probably due to the topography and the buildings) that I get low bandwidth (half a megabit to a megabit per second). Even still, stuff work just fine on that plot of land. Hard to beat solid coverage unlimited everything (including hotspot), and a $25 price tag.

So, give it a shot with that swap if they get it back Do keep in mind you may get spoiled - I know we have! Best of luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #43391 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Please define Visible ??

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Cool, thanks !!

I actually have a spare SIM that I got before seeing that her Kyocera doesn't use any, so that should be OK if/when they have any more to swap with.

Be aware that there are different SIM for different phones when dealing with Sprint/Sprint MVNO.

For the E6 you want
BYOD PART # SIMOLW516TQ
BYOD SIM KIT 760492044714
3/4 in 1 SIM KIT 760492044707
Primary UICC CZ4114TLWQ
Primary UPC 854798005224
Primary part # SIMOLW516TQ
In the current kits it is the "D" card.

I'd guess Twigby might send you one as an exsisting customer who is upgrading phone & staying with them.

Other suggestions are stop in a Sprint store and ask for one, they may give you one, YMMV. Best Buy sells a 3 or 4 in one BYOD SIM kit for $3-4 that covers *all* phones.

Edit - Sprint online has byod SIM kit for $2.99+tax delivered.
shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=121700244&accCatId=78300001&deviceIndependent=true
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43392 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic Please define Visible ??
Does anyone have experience with the ZTE Blade A7 that is still being offered for a free swap (+ $25 plan for first month)? I know it's not compatible with Sprint, but I do need T-Mobile and I'm especially curious as to whether the option to change APNs is really locked out. If it's not that big of a deal, I'll do another swap using another very old Android phone

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #43393 by mmfacemm

bingyee wrote: Does anyone have experience with the ZTE Blade A7 that is still being offered for a free swap (+ $25 plan for first month)? I know it's not compatible with Sprint, but I do need T-Mobile and I'm especially curious as to whether the option to change APNs is really locked out. If it's not that big of a deal, I'll do another swap using another very old Android phone

I heard they are locked down tight. Someone reported it working with a freeup sim but everyone else says it is a no go.

It makes sense to lock it down to visible if you are practically giving them away. Which makes the moto E6 more tempting even if the specs are worse.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43414 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I'm starting to wonder if the E6 is going to reappear at all there...
That page still says 'out of stock', sadly.