Moto E6 deal from the Hot Deals thread - info adding + question or 2...?

More
5 months 1 week ago #43351 by KentE
I've been hoping/waiting for an ultra-affordable dual-SIM phone that will handle Verizon, or even Sprint, as well.
(My budget is likely $150 max.) I've found a few GSM-only dual-SIM phones that I can live with in that price range or lower, but nothing that does CDMA providers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #43353 by mmfacemm
I'd probably consider the Nokia 7.1 as the cheapest dual sim verizon phone I'd go for. $209 new but a good refurb on ebay is $150. This one is certified for verizon, pretty much stock android and nokia are good at updates. Probably as good as it gets in this price range.Not sure if it has cdma though which is a problem for mvno use.

There are a couple of blu phones Blu vivo XL and XL+ that are certified for verizon but I am not a fan of Blu. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 used is a nice phone if you are okay with the skin (I don't like it).
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Soteria 2.0, redrotors

More
5 months 1 week ago #43355 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
'Blu'....sounds very much like 'Ewww' - and quite correctly so !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph

More
5 months 1 week ago #43356 by KentE

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: 'Blu'....sounds very much like 'Ewww' - and quite correctly so !!

I think there are probably some good models-- which I believe neither you nor I have owned!
A friend at work had a R1-HD that lasted a few years before succumbing to a drop and cracked screen. He liked it well enough to buy another to replace it.

I think Chelle has a BLU she's been pleased with, too-- although if memory serves it was on semi-permanent hotspot duty.

I'd recommend that folks consider something different if they're looking at the very low end of the price scale, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soteria 2.0

More
5 months 1 week ago #43357 by KentE

mmfacemm wrote: I'd probably consider the Nokia 7.1 as the cheapest dual sim verizon phone I'd go for. $209 new but a good refurb on ebay is $150. This one is certified for verizon, pretty much stock android and nokia are good at updates. Probably as good as it gets in this price range.Not sure if it has cdma though which is a problem for mvno use.

There are a couple of blu phones Blu vivo XL and XL+ that are certified for verizon but I am not a fan of Blu. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 used is a nice phone if you are okay with the skin (I don't like it).

I'd only recently read that the Nokia 7.1 was certified for Verizon after it's release. I'll have to look at the manual to see how it handles dual SIM. It seems to be the only Nokia dual-SIM certified for Verizon.

I have a Nokia 3.1, and it's dual-SIm implementation is very good. It was totally transparent to set up to use LTE on one SIM for data, and 3G on the other SIM for AT&T voice. (And with T-Mobile VoLTE certification, I could place and receive calls on either SIM when I had Mint in the 2nd slot.)

When last I checked with BLU, none of their models allowed setting one SIM for LTE, and the other SIM for 3G. (Or dual LTE.) I don't know if the Vivo XL was available at that time. That's the feature that I really want..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soteria 2.0

More
5 months 3 days ago #43585 by Zubrin
Visible Moto E6 for free swap was back yesterday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #43813 by redrotors
Moto e6 is back in stock, swap deal still available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #43816 by joseph

redrotors wrote: Moto e6 is back in stock, swap deal still available.

How can you get it?

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #43819 by redrotors
Buy it on the Visible site.

Very abbreviated - Pick the e6, select swap, enter your swap in phone imei, pay $25 (or $20 with referral code), receive phone, send in trade in phone, enjoy new phone with a month of service on Visible. Renew after the first month or don't, the (unlocked) phone is yours to keep.

Be aware that there seems to be an issue with using this phone on Sprint MVNOs that will not be able to provision data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, Chelle

More