"Visible"comes into Focus

• bingyee
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #71 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
I noted this in the FreedomPop thread but I thought I'd post this tidbit here too:

Apparently, even though TextNow does not show up as a carrier from which you are able to port in to qualify for a Visible deal, TextNow showed up on the drop-down when I entered one of my legacy FreedomPop VOIP numbers. This theoretically means a TextNow port-in number is perfectly good to use for Visible deals.

Last I checked, starting a new line on TextNow is free if you have a 4G LTE Sprint phone and associated SIM card.

Question is: anyone know how to get port-out info from TextNow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jamielih
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #72 by jamielih
Replied by jamielih on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
To port of of TextNow for free customers, you have to call TextNow.

• mmfacemm
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #73 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Visible to lock phones for 60 days

www.visible.com/newsroom/news/protecting-our-members

Probably why their iphone 12 series phones have been out of stock.  I imagine they will be back after they implement this.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, realLexusl21

• bingyee
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #74 by bingyee
Visible gift card offers now generally require 3 months of service to qualify. They implemented this change without much fanfare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

• mmfacemm
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #75 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Looks like the visible lock has started as there is a link on each phone page to the 60 day lock period. No reports yet of this being true in practice. I hope they don't lock the swap phones too but I guess they will.

• bingyee
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #76 by bingyee

Looks like the visible lock has started as there is a link on each phone page to the 60 day lock period. No reports yet of this being true in practice. I hope they don't lock the swap phones too but I guess they will.

Locking swap phones will only matter if the Moto E somehow becomes eligible for swap at some point down the line.  I very much doubt that the current swap phone - the ZTE A7 - will be locked.  That is old inventory and I doubt it's worth Visible's effort to relock the phones they still have on hand.  Furthermore, it's not like you can simply pop in a GSM SIM into an A7 and have it work right away - you have to use a force 3G app.  Locking the A3, which had been available for swap until they switched it to the A7 - is also sort of meaningless because the force 3G app doesn't work on it, so you are stuck with Visible and Verizon anyway.  Although I suppose Visible could lift those software restrictions and instead rely on straight locking/unlocking.

• ZZWang
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #77 by ZZWang
Replied by ZZWang on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
If I port number from Tello, shall I select "Tmobile prepaid" in order to get the promotion?
Anyone ever tried that? Thanks

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #78 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

If I port number from Tello, shall I select "Tmobile prepaid" in order to get the promotion?

I haven't tried it-- but I don't think you can 'game' the provider info.  Visible will, and must, know the source of the ported number during the port process, even if you don't tell them.   The submission may fail right away because the account number format that Tello uses does not match the format of T-Mobile Prepaid.  (Usually on port request forms, selecting a specific carrier expects to see the format used by that carrier.  PIN number format could--conceivably-- match between those 2 providers.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZZWang

• bingyee
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #79 by bingyee

I recently ported from Tello on their swap program.  I selected "other."  The order went through fine and I got my swap phone.  However, I doubt that you'll qualify for any of the gift card offers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chosen

• Chosen
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #80 by Chosen
Replied by Chosen on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
I ported in from FreeUp and said it was from AT&T and got the promo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE