"Visible"comes into Focus

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 7 months ago #31 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
I got a Visible survey, today, and agreed to answer the long version.

It appears that they're strongly giving consideration to letting people with eSIM have a free trial of Visible service without even having to sign up. They would be issued a temporary number and, if they stayed, they'd be able to port in and continue using eSIM.

It's an interesting idea. If you have a phone with eSIM, trying out Visible Mobile could go from idea to implementation in a matter of minutes.

It looked like they're considering other social-justice we-are-the-world kind of stuff, like, where you would agree to give your Party Pay discount to people who can't afford to pay their cellphone bill. I checked, "Nice idea, but I probably wouldn't participate."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Isamorph
  • Isamorph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #32 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
"you would agree to give your Party Pay discount to people who can't afford to pay their cellphone bill."
Visible should float that idea on SlickDeals. :)

• ThirstyForVerizon
  • Cans & String
  • Cans & String
More
1 year 6 months ago #33 by ThirstyForVerizon
Replied by ThirstyForVerizon on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

And the port-in requirement, which is only a slight hurdle for most Slickdealers in search of free stuff, is just enough of a speed bump to make most of the locusts fly on by.

The port-in requirement is a severe stumbling block for normal people who don't understand how phone service works.

The chance of people porting-in their primary number and ending without service for atleast a week is very real and during these times, could be catastrophic.

It cost me exactly $0 to generate, port out a number and swap in a Sprint phone from our RingPlus days (I won't ever do business with Sprint again so good riddance) thanks to my active Freedompop account but no normal person has an active Freedompop account.

While I can generate unlimited phone numbers for $0, most people have issues placing orders on eBay for those $5 ATT portout ready numbers which is the next best deal.

I bet most people are porting in their actual primary numbers. An absolute nightmare waiting to happen.

What Visible should have done instead is given X month's credit equal to the price of phone.

What's the harm in that?

The "free swap" program is dumb and they are getting exactly the behavior they designed for. A significant amount of the first wave of Visible customers were from SD and now Visible open badmouths SD for essentially their own poor planning!

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 6 months ago #34 by Chelle

And the port-in requirement, which is only a slight hurdle for most Slickdealers in search of free stuff, is just enough of a speed bump to make most of the locusts fly on by.

The port-in requirement is a severe stumbling block for normal people who don't understand how phone service works.

The chance of people porting-in their primary number and ending without service for atleast a week is very real and during these times, could be catastrophic.

It cost me exactly $0 to generate, port out a number and swap in a Sprint phone from our RingPlus days (I won't ever do business with Sprint again so good riddance) thanks to my active Freedompop account but no normal person has an active Freedompop account.

While I can generate unlimited phone numbers for $0, most people have issues placing orders on eBay for those $5 ATT portout ready numbers which is the next best deal.

I bet most people are porting in their actual primary numbers. An absolute nightmare waiting to happen.

What Visible should have done instead is given X month's credit equal to the price of phone.

What's the harm in that?

The "free swap" program is dumb and they are getting exactly the behavior they designed for. A significant amount of the first wave of Visible customers were from SD and now Visible open badmouths SD for essentially their own poor planning!

I've helped 9 people sign up, so far, and 8 of them ported in their primary number. None of them were without cellphone service for more than 10 minutes.

4 ported in from Metro, 2 from Sprint, 2 from Verizon, and 1 from AT&T.

I've read a few negative accounts, but I haven't seen any firsthand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 112059, ThirstyForVerizon

• ThirstyForVerizon
  • Cans & String
  • Cans & String
More
1 year 6 months ago #35 by ThirstyForVerizon
Replied by ThirstyForVerizon on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

I've helped 9 people sign up, so far, and 8 of them ported in their primary number. None of them were without cellphone service for more than 10 minutes.

4 ported in from Metro, 2 from Sprint, 2 from Verizon, and 1 from AT&T.

I've read a few negative accounts, but I haven't seen any firsthand.

It's possible that most of these accounts were in an area that has VZ towers that Visible contracted with plus your guidance in ensuring they proper port information was entered helped a lot.

In my area, Visible is still unsure, but thinks has VZ towers that Visible has not contracted with. I will be sharing the tower numbers with them in a follow up call but Visible map shows 100% coverage (maps, I have learned years ago to take with a grain of salt but this was an absolute surprise)

This means that because, Visible is pure LTE - NOTHING except text messaging (IMS) works and can work.

This means that these people, as they figure out the next steps have service they cant use. I have a hot mess on my hands. Thanks to the backup phones I carry, I am able to rotate them among people but the damage to my reputation is done. Yes, the fault is all mine because I did not exhaustively trial the service before recommending it and relied on input on forums I trust and deemed the service to be good (it's Verizon after all, how can it be bad!). I am paying the price and will see this through.

About the swap program:

What Visible should have done instead is given X month's credit equal to the price of phone instead of the current environmentally expensive sham they are running.

People's time, cardboard, plastic, packaging, gas is all being wasted. I am reading a lot are just purchasing phones off eBAY and the like just to turn them in for the A3.

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 6 months ago #36 by Chelle
Add another porting success story to my list!

My mother loves T-Mobile but happens to live in a dead spot. She can go a half block in any direction and get great signal but her house gets terrible signal and phone calls can be a challenge.

She wanted to try out Visible without jumping in with both feet-- so we ordered her a ZTE Blade A3 Prime with the free swap and ported in one of my FreedomPop numbers. If everything works out during the first month she'll port in her "real" number and leave T-Mobile.

FreedomPop is notoriously slow with porting out numbers. My own experience with porting to Sprint, Boost, AT&T and other places where I've landed has usually required a 5 day wait for the process to complete.

In my mom's case, my FreedomPop number ported into her Visible phone within 18 hours of activation. Not too bad.

We've spoken quite a few times, today, and so far it's looking like Visible will be a winner for her.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

• Isamorph
  • Isamorph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #37 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Saw this on reddit recently. Some mixed feelings about the idea.

www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/hr4oxv/what_do_you_think_about_this/?%24deep_link
Attachments:

• tech-stitch
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
1 year 6 months ago #38 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Certainly interesting if the group consists of people known. Reminds me of the FreedomPop's data sharing with a twist on funds.

• mmfacemm
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 6 months ago #39 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Terrible idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

• realLexusl21
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 6 months ago #40 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

Terrible idea.

Can you please pay for my yearly redpocket plan

PS. I like the 5 gig of data plan:evil: :evil: