Unreal Premium Voice AT&T

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #43933 by sfatula
From what I can tell, this is available now. Does anyone actually have it, and if so, does it suffer from the same ol AT&T iPhone no MMS limitation?
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #43934 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T
If the new premium SIMs use the standard Red Pocket iOS carrier bundle, then I believe MMS should be supported (best guess).

When selecting "Premium" and "iPhone" in APN generator, this config URL is loaded:
download.freedompop.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ios/Freedompop-US-Premium-LTE.mobileconfig
...which appears to be identical to:
ios.redpocket.com/redpocket.mobileconfig

Unreal APN generator:
www.unrealmobile.com/apn

help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001038592-Can-I-use-picture-messaging-on-my-iPhone-with-the-GSMA-network-
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #43975 by sfatula
Replied by sfatula on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T
Sadly, I contacted Unreal and they said with GSM, there is no native MMS. So, now I'm trying to find out if any A1863 iPhone (iPhone 8 unlocked) can be brought in, not sure of the current rules for Sprint and byop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, tech-stitch, st3fx

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #43979 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T

sfatula wrote: Sadly, I contacted Unreal and they said with GSM, there is no native MMS. So, now I'm trying to find out if any A1863 iPhone (iPhone 8 unlocked) can be brought in, not sure of the current rules for Sprint and byop.

Unreal does make a distinction between "GSM" and "Premium" (both use AT&T). I am wondering if Unreal rep was addressing only their GSM (VoIP) service. The fact that the Premium SIM cards start with 89014 and APN/carrier bundle apparently same as Red Pocket suggests MMS may be supported, though I cannot confirm. Good luck.
help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000771028-GSMA-SIM-card-starts-with-89014-

ETA: In case you want to roll the dice, this promo for free SIM:
www.unrealmobile.com/offers/premium-voice-1gb-banner

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #43980 by tech-stitch
From what I can tell on the site, the plans seem to have hotspot. I do have a temporary need for a relatively low use a&tt hotspot line. Has anyone tried it without any modifications or software (e.g. PDA net).

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #43997 by canon
Replied by canon on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T
I am on the old GSM, VOIP 3 month plan and I have native hotspot on my stock samsung s7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #44001 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T

canon wrote: I am on the old GSM, VOIP 3 month plan and I have native hotspot on my stock samsung s7.

I'm not sure if this still holds, and it is drawn from my experience with the FreedomPop plans:
Hotspot was not officially supported. It worked on unlocked phones that were not AT&T branded, and did not work on AT&T branded devices. Basically, if the phone didn't check to see if it was allowed, it worked.
Even if not officially supported, management didn't seem to go out of their way to prevent hotspot use on a phone, or use of a phone SIM in a MiFi..

I had assumed the same situation existed at Unreal. I don't know whether the recent APN change affects the situation.
I've read through some of Unreal's online information, and do not see a mention of 'hotspot' outside of dedicated MiFi devices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #44002 by tech-stitch
Thanks! That little hotspot on the top right of the plans images (when you click on that banner) is what keeps messing me up. When I shop for plans, nothing on hotspot just the phone and 3 in 1 SIM. Probably looking too hard. All that would be needed is the hotspot and for that short period. Data use would be minimal (1GB at most).

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #44003 by canon
Replied by canon on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T
My S7 is the G930VC (Xfinity) but has the stock G930U (Unlocked) firmware on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #44005 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Unreal Premium Voice AT&T

tech-stitch wrote: Thanks! That little hotspot on the top right of the plans images (when you click on that banner) is what keeps messing me up. When I shop for plans, nothing on hotspot just the phone and 3 in 1 SIM. Probably looking too hard. All that would be needed is the hotspot and for that short period. Data use would be minimal (1GB at most).

Like a lot of stuff on their site, there are things that are holdovers from the 'old' Unreal, and current info. I think the SIM/Phone/Hotspot images are a holdover, referring to the old 'LTE SIM'/CDMA Phone/Hotspot options.