Twigby

More
1 year 1 month ago #28297 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Twigby
I believe Twigby is the least expensive Sprint MVNO with roaming-- which should keep them on people's radar.

Sorry to hear about your G4! Did you check for wormholes, local force fields, and cellphone jammers? (oops, I guess all of those would affect your new phone, too.-- curious, though.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #28298 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic Twigby

KentE wrote: I believe Twigby is the least expensive Sprint MVNO with roaming-- which should keep them on people's radar.

Sorry to hear about your G4! Did you check for wormholes, local force fields, and cellphone jammers? (oops, I guess all of those would affect your new phone, too.-- curious, though.)

Yes, another outstanding feature of Twigby is that no-extra-cost Verizon roaming; I'm also keen on their app and website which allows you to throttle your data BEFORE you hit your limit. I am always set at 512 kbps which is plenty quick for me, and I think it helps my meager data allotment (usually capped at 150 MB each month, then 2G unless I plan to travel) last longer.

As for those other possible phone culprits, you're giving me WAY too much credit... I have no idea what any of those are. :) That's only fitting, since I also have no idea why my G4 went on strike! Fortunately, the new phone is indeed working fine since I activated it last night.

Thanks for your post and your (phone) well wishes! Hopefully the new one will live long and prosper.

More
1 year 1 month ago #28309 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Replied by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist on topic Twigby
As D_D says above & if ALL cellular providers could be like these folks, what a delight that could be !!

What makes it possible at all for us to be Twigby users is the Verizon roaming because there is no actual Sprint coverage here.
(This makes me wonder at how & why there are a couple of their stores here in Vermont...?)

I think we've used them for most of 2 years already & remain very happy with what is provided for such an attractive price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #30160 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Twigby
PrePaidPhoneNews has an article that Twigby is lowering some prices, and has a 6 month promo discount.
www.prepaidphonenews.com/2018/10/twigby-makes-new-changes-to-plans.html .
The visible changes are increases in data allotments in the smaller tiers: from 150mb to 200mb for $3, and from 600mb to 1gb for $6.

The new customer promo is a 25% discount on both minutes and data rates for 6 months. As an example, this would reduce a 500 minute/1gb plan to $12.75/month, plus taxes and fees. ($17 after the 6-month promo rate.)
As a reminder: Twigby includes voice roaming on Verizon, fallback 2G, and allowed hotspot usage.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #30163 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic Twigby
Twiggy. Sounds great

Too bad I hate sprint