Ting crackdown

More
1 week 6 days ago #41108 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Ting crackdown
That's the problem. Freedompop put it off on ting. Now ting says other way. In other words, your ...

Ray S. (FreedomPop)

Jul 30, 14:56 PDT

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop I apologize for any confusion in your attempts to contact Ting and or FreedomPop. We have contacted Ting to get customer handling clarified in this matter. At this time your device account is migrated to Ting and solely owned and serviced by Ting.​ We wish that we were able to further assist your service needs but we no longer have the ability to manage your account per our agreements with Ting.​ Please contact Ting for further support and refund inquiries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #41110 by LiterallyUnlimited
Replied by LiterallyUnlimited on topic Ting crackdown
"All credits, plans, or balances remain with FreedomPop and we would not have access to any of that information."

I think the disconnect is the assumption that we were given FreedomPop accounts, top-up balances or accounts payable balance sheets when we purchased the subscriber list. If you recall, we were given such a list when RingPlus went under, and did our best to honor the top-up credits while plugged into the Ting model. This wasn't the case with FreedomPop. All we received were a list of serial numbers and a list of phone numbers to migrate. Technically speaking, the migration went pretty well with a few small hiccups.

If I can proverbially open the kimono here, I'm as angry as you are about the missing top-ups, specifically those that were taken after the migration details were already finalized. If we had a transaction to refund or literally any record of the top-ups other than the word of the customers who are affected (remember, FP did not give us balance sheets) and their screenshots, we would do our best to make you whole. We don't, so we can't.

More
1 week 6 days ago #41115 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic Ting crackdown
I also do not like Ting for other reasons. Ting is just not the right fit for me.

I am sure others like and use Ting.

I do thank Ting for saving my phone number from r+