Bring a broken phone to Ting, let us pay for it

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36100 by johnsmith

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Therein lies the rub:

rawlek wrote: ....They provided the service and credits under the conditions they set forth. Seems the ones that express an issue were the ones not able to get away with abusing their terms.

And the words 'broken phone' bring 'broken promises' directly to mind !!
For us, they credited the promised sign-on bonuses - then soon thereafter those were subtracted silently, with neither notice nor complaint by the company & only seen by me because I was nervous about this changeover & checked the account every few days.

Abused their terms ??
Too funny.
Given that we had gigantic allotments with rp, and actually use maybe 200 minutes/month, 20-30 SMS & ZERO data - if that small usage qualifies as abuse I'd be very surprised.

Sure, we 'saved' our numbers from rp via Ting & that was a help to us - until things were exposed as NOT being kosher with Ting - then it was time to try and get answers (which failed) - so we bailed out ASAP.

Since then we've had truly flawless services with their direct competitor - at lower costs - with all promises kept - and clear answers on the unusual occasion that we needed to up the service level for a short time.

If/when ANY company makes an offer - and I accept that & sign on - only to find soon thereafter that they 'changed their mind' & withdrew the benefits I signed on to get...
That company goes on my BAD list - forever - and will not be trusted again - period.

This is why I bothered to post here at all - Ting is forever on my BAD list - and this is why.

If others find such behaviours acceptable and/or tolerable - good for them; and for those lucky ones who didn't have their benefits yanked for no apparent reason, fantastic - congrats.

These discussion boards are the best (only ??) places where folks can either express their loyalties or antipathies due to their experiences - for others to see in case that may be helpful for said others.

In this situation there are clearly folks who have been very happy with this company, and others who have not been happy - it is for the individual to decide what their own loyalties & trusts shall be.

ETZ, I don't know if you frequent SlickDeals or other forums but we are definitely NOT the minority when it comes to a bad Ting experience. The only difference is there are always people who are happy to attack others while they aggressively defend their pet brand/company/service/whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36102 by rawlek
I did not quote you @johnsmith as someone that abused the terms. I said "some" based on Literally Unlimited explaining the company side of actions taken.

I am all for folks expressing their experiences. Should it not be ok for me to express mine also?

I am not trying to change any minds or bash anyone. My experience with them has been good; I am sorry yours was not.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36106 by LiterallyUnlimited
So, anyone thinking they're going to take advantage of the promo? :silly:

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #36112 by realLexusl21

rawlek wrote: Never had a problem with Ting. They provided the service and credits under the conditions they set forth. Seems the ones that express an issue were the ones not able to get away with abusing their terms.

That word seems to be a hot topic lately.

Unfair characterization.

For me I stayed for the ring plus credit. In fact I stayed a little longer. I didn't like the prices so I left. I found a better deal so I left. I never got any sign up or monthly credit. I never asked to go to ting I mean I was forced to. They saved my cell numbers so I thank them. But long-term the price wasn't affordable for me .

I didn't game anything

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #36659 by LiterallyUnlimited
Rather than start a new thread on this, I'll just drop this in here: garagesale.ting.com

All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. Kind of like a garage sale.

Devices sold as CDMA are locked to Sprint, as GSM locked to T-Mobile, and multi-network are sold unlocked. You do not need to be a Ting customer to puchase.

Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, mmfacemm, Diedrich_Duo

More
3 months 1 week ago #36660 by Diedrich_Duo

LiterallyUnlimited wrote: Rather than start a new thread on this, I'll just drop this in here: garagesale.ting.com

Devices sold as CDMA are locked to Sprint, as GSM locked to T-Mobile, and multi-network are sold unlocked.

Cheers.

Wow -- some great deals! But if we buy one of these, there is no warranty, even if the phone is new... is that correct?
The following user(s) said Thank You: LiterallyUnlimited

More
3 months 1 week ago #36661 by LiterallyUnlimited
If it has manufacturer warranty left, that still applies, and you'd have to contact the manufacturer. There's just no established return or exchange process from us on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
3 months 1 week ago #36662 by Diedrich_Duo

LiterallyUnlimited wrote: If it has manufacturer warranty left, that still applies, and you'd have to contact the manufacturer. There's just no established return or exchange process from us on it.

Thanks very much for the clarification. One more question: Are unlocked phones "universally" unlocked (i.e., they would work on any of the Big Four and most of their respective MVNOs), or would they only work on Sprint and T-Mobile?

More
3 months 1 week ago #36663 by LiterallyUnlimited

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

LiterallyUnlimited wrote: If it has manufacturer warranty left, that still applies, and you'd have to contact the manufacturer. There's just no established return or exchange process from us on it.

Thanks very much for the clarification. One more question: Are unlocked phones "universally" unlocked (i.e., they would work on any of the Big Four and most of their respective MVNOs), or would they only work on Sprint and T-Mobile?

Yes. They're universally unlocked (not just SPR and TMO) and should accept Verizon and AT&T SIMs as well, though band compatibility will need to be considered before purchase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
3 months 1 week ago #36668 by mmfacemm

LiterallyUnlimited wrote: Rather than start a new thread on this, I'll just drop this in here: garagesale.ting.com

Devices sold as CDMA are locked to Sprint, as GSM locked to T-Mobile, and multi-network are sold unlocked. You do not need to be a Ting customer to puchase.

Cheers.

Some good ones but some are a bit silly. A new note 8 for $950??? Also a moto X4 for $349 when they sell for $149 everywhere else.