B-b-b-bad.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #4181 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic B-b-b-bad.
They said from the get-go that RingPlus lines that get a $35 RingPlus migration credit do not qualify to give another Ting line an additional $25 referral credit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #4182 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Insist all day long - it changes nothing here.

Even if the GOOD alternatives vanished tomorrow somehow=>
We will NEVER use or recommend ting to anyone, ever again;
We would use Tracfone 100% if we had to, just to have active mobile phones.

The rotteness of ting will not escape notice - and even without it, their pricing stinks.
(Ah - now I have a GREAT alternate naming for this=> sting...as it surely did.)

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #4188 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic B-b-b-bad.
Seems odd. I don't think it is possible to get the ting ringplus credit and a referral. A referral requires you to use a link to sign up right? - so you either used that or went to ting via the automatic migration. Or you signed up via the ting-ringplus link before the migration. Either way not sure how one could get multiple credits to stack. In any case taking them all away if that happened was foul play.

I referred several people to buy phones from them and in my account it said that I would receive credit for any phones purchased. Well I didn't receive the credits and they explained that they had to be activated on Ting (so why not say that in the referral details?? hmm well because that would be honest). I also was told I had to have an active line to get referral credits (again not mentioned anywhere... heck I have an account to get the referral details...). Anyway I should have about $200 in ting referral credits but received none. So even before the migration I was never going to Ting.

Plus well their rates stink. Maybe we should have just started with that :P

Only good thing is that they can internationally unlock phones. I can't find any other sprint MVNO that will do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 year 11 months ago #4189 by LDoron
Replied by LDoron on topic B-b-b-bad.
I have no significant complaints about Ting. They gave me a chance to try them out, a month for free, and some time to research a successor. Their rates don't make sense for me, so on the last day of the first month, I moved on to Twigby. That left a credit at Ting that will probably disappear in a month or two, which doesn't bother me. My top-up from RingPlus would have been practically worthless anyway without them. As far as I'm concerned, I got a good enough deal.

I'm not trying to sway anyone else's opinion.

More
1 year 11 months ago #4190 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
This is from the friend's former account billing history:
Feb 14, 2017 Adjustment $25.00
Feb 12, 2017 Credit -$25.00

This is from ours:
Feb 14, 2017 Adjustment $50.00
Feb 14, 2017 Adjustment $25.00
Feb 12, 2017 Credit -$50.00
Feb 08, 2017 Credit -$25.00

Clearly showing the credits issued - then removed.

Maybe some of what happened was in error from the start - we all followed the guidelines as given and were delighted that the various 'bonuses' would hold both accounts until when the hypothetically transferred top-up credits would appear on the 3rd month or so. (Yup. Uh-huh...)

Main point of my own anti-ting sentiment besides what sure looks like B&S to me:
All of us could have just as easily ported to Twigby just as easily for better rates - or to Cellnuvo for free WITH referral bonuses instead of being mislead & having our time & life wasted messing around with the ting baloney.

From this former user's POV it was promises made & broken then WAY too much time spent making sure that none of us got over billed.

This was AFTER discovering too late (via CC bill) that our 2-line ting account had billed at full cost the very 1st month.
There were just zero redeeming features about using ting at all - this is my opinion & I'm sticking to it !!!

• The_Uncomfortable_Truth
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 11 months ago #4192 by The_Uncomfortable_Truth
Replied by The_Uncomfortable_Truth on topic B-b-b-bad.

joseph wrote: They said from the get-go that RingPlus lines that get a $35 RingPlus migration credit do not qualify to give another Ting line an additional $25 referral credit

mmfacemm wrote: Seems odd. I don't think it is possible to get the ting ringplus credit and a referral. A referral requires you to use a link to sign up right? - so you either used that or went to ting via the automatic migration. Or you signed up via the ting-ringplus link before the migration. Either way not sure how one could get multiple credits to stack. In any case taking them all away if that happened was foul play.

Exactly.

Ting changed the policy mid stream and only for former R+ members. Ting went in and deleted my 4 year old referral code after the credits had already been applied and then reversed the credits one day before my service renewed. All those credits were from people using my referral link. I chose to port back to Ting from R+, I did not migrate or use a referral code.

Ting removed the wife's credit as well and she had her own personal Ting account and she has never personally been linked to Ring Plus, I could not pay her to use Ring Plus.

All I can say is to heck with Ting and anyone who wants to defend their actions in this matter. :P

If I were Ting customer, what I would want to know is if they will give me time to port out when they close up shop?

More
1 year 11 months ago #4197 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
All very well said - but especially...:

The_Uncomfortable_Truth wrote: All I can say is to heck with Ting and anyone who wants to defend their actions in this matter. :P

....what I would want to know is if they will give me time to port out when they close up shop?

Indeed - not 'if', but WHEN.

There's a truly ancient bit of wisdom which I have stashed away in its entirety & which has been proven over time to be both true and accurate - here is a part of it:

There is only one boss. The customer.
And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.

--Sam Walton

The BIG question is=>
How many MORE times does this have to happen ??

More
1 year 11 months ago #4199 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic B-b-b-bad.
I luv ting

Lol

Just kidding

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #11827 by Bill Horn
Replied by Bill Horn on topic B-b-b-bad.
how many RingPlus customers are staying with Ting now? all 8 RingPlus people that I know whom already pulled out within 2 months on Ting.