TextNow Free Service

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #43491 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic TextNow Free Service
I believe TextNow's usage requirement is at least one outgoing text every 30 days.

ETA - that's what it used to be, before their new free cellular plan. Not sure what it is now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #43499 by jamielih
Replied by jamielih on topic TextNow Free Service

peterquinn wrote: I believe TextNow's usage requirement is at least one outgoing text every 30 days.

ETA - that's what it used to be, before their new free cellular plan. Not sure what it is now.

According to this page, supportfree.textnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/204253309-Help-My-Phone-Number-was-recycled-how-can-I-get-it-back- , you can text or call to prevent expiration. So the plain language means that receiving only frequent texts from Subway may still lead to expiration.

The inactive period for expiration is variable - according to that page:

There's no hard-and-fast rule as to how long a number can stay inactive before it's revoked. There are a number of factors that go into it, and each customer is weighted differently based on usage patterns. We send you a warning message before the number is revoked to give you a chance to keep it active.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #43500 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic TextNow Free Service
I recieved an email about 10 days after activation saying my number was going to expire shortly. Received a second warning today a couple of days later. I haven't been using since I tried it out on day 1. So definitely not 30 days.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #43504 by Hungry-Hog
Replied by Hungry-Hog on topic TextNow Free Service
If your number expires and you want to reactivate your account with a new number, will you be required to pay that $9.99?

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #43507 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic TextNow Free Service
No