TextNow Free Service

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #47836 by Phoniac
Replied by Phoniac on topic TextNow Free Service

mmfacemm wrote:

Chosen wrote: Anyone still using TextNow? Would appreciate an update on how reliable (or unreliable) it’s been. I’m looking into this as an alternative to Tello for some in our group that have really tight budgets. Frasier1 gave a detailed report sometime ago and I’m wondering if that incoming call not ringing flaw was fixed.

Personally I'd just go with the redpocket $30 annual plans.

Can someone plz post a link to the $30 annual plan? Thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #47839 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic TextNow Free Service

Phoniac wrote:

mmfacemm wrote:

Chosen wrote: Anyone still using TextNow? Would appreciate an update on how reliable (or unreliable) it’s been. I’m looking into this as an alternative to Tello for some in our group that have really tight budgets. Frasier1 gave a detailed report sometime ago and I’m wondering if that incoming call not ringing flaw was fixed.

Here:
www.ebay.com/itm/2-50-Mo-Red-Pocket-Prepaid-Plan-CDMAS-200-Talk-1000-Text-200MB/133196831828?_trkparms

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #47841 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic TextNow Free Service

Phoniac wrote:

mmfacemm wrote:

It's also available as a by-the-month plan, at a slightly higher cost of $3/mo. (Instead of the $2.50/mo averaged cost of the annual plan.)
www.redpocket.com/fp

The last line I helped set up (perhaps 4 months ago) on the by-the-month plan took several attempts, which seemed to be related to email addresses I either had, or had not, used previously on Red Pocket. (Sorry, I don't remember the exact details of what worked and what didn't.....)

Both of the plans are legacy-Sprint network.
A footnote: on either plan, the default is auto-renew. Porting out a number does not immediately close the account as it does with most providers, and the auto-renew will go merrily on it's way renewing a non-existent plan if you don't manually close the account online. This seems to be a Red Pocket "feature".