Tello

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #48434 by dst11
Replied by dst11 on topic Tello

st3fx wrote: Excellent! Please update again if/when you receive another expiration notice.

I got a 6 week reprieve in August but it seems like the game is over for one of my two Tello lines! The message I got in August was:

We noticed that more than 90 days have passed since your last order. As stated in our Service Agreement your Tello number +1 (XXX) XXX XXXX together with your Pay As You Go balance (if any), will automatically expire on 08/14/2020.

To keep this number and avoid service termination you can go ahead and subscribe to a Tello plan in the following days. Regardless of any account activity (call, SMS, data usage), your number will expire if no order is registered by 08/14/2020.

Please note that once deactivated, a Tello number can no longer be retrieved

Yesterday I got this:

We noticed that more than 90 days have passed since your last Pay As You Go order. As stated in our Service Agreement your Tello number +1 (XXX) XXX XXXX together with your Pay As You Go balance (if any), will automatically expire on 09/30/2020.

To keep this number and avoid service termination you can go ahead and subscribe to a Tello plan (starting at $5) in the following days. Regardless of any account activity (call, SMS, data usage), your number will expire if no order is registered by 09/29/2020.

Please note that once deactivated, a Tello number can no longer be retrieved.

Difference in bold. The only difference with the line I haven't gotten a notice for is that line has a a couple bucks higher balance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #48436 by dst11

dst11 wrote: The only difference with the line I haven't gotten a notice for is that line has a a couple bucks higher balance.

line #2 to go up in smoke too:

We noticed that more than 90 days have passed since your last Pay As You Go order. As stated in our Service Agreement your Tello number +1 (XXX ) XXX XXXX together with your Pay As You Go balance (if any), will automatically expire on 10/01/2020.

To keep this number and avoid service termination you can go ahead and subscribe to a Tello plan (starting at $5) in the following days. Regardless of any account activity (call, SMS, data usage), your number will expire if no order is registered by 09/30/2020.

Please note that once deactivated, a Tello number can no longer be retrieved.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #48525 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic Tello
@dst11 Thanks for update. I also received second expiration notice about a week before you after subscribing/canceling monthly plan in August. I have since subscribed again to $5 monthly plan with Tello Dollars. If you're willing to experiment, try a device swap again before expiration. You can PM me in case you need a placeholder ESN. Once I run out of Tello Dollars, I will also do some experimenting with device swaps, porting in, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dst11

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #48532 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Tello
I feel like they are manually targeting accounts as the policy enforcement is all over the place.

One account I had was set to expire 24th August. I made a phone swap and it didn't expire. But I received a notice last week of expiry again on 3 October. Will try another phone swap to see if it satisfies the system since I don't need that line.

On my other two accounts I purchased a plan with $5 tello dollars and have since canceled the plans back in august. Unlike what a couple of others have reported mine have been left alone with no further expiry notices.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #48535 by st3fx
Thanks, @mmfacemm.

In case relevant, here are my specific dates (so far):

August 06, 2020: Received e-mail "Your number is about to expire" on: 08/13/2020.

August 06, 2020: Signed up for Tello $5 monthly plan with Tello Dollars (Next billing date: 09/05/2020).

August 20, 2020: Canceled Tello $5 monthly plan from automatically renewing on 09/05/2020.

September 16, 2020: Received e-mail "Your number is about to expire" on: 09/23/2020.

September 16, 2020: Signed up for Tello $5 monthly plan with Tello Dollars (Next billing date: 10/16/2020).

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #48549 by mmfacemm
I received both my first expiry emails on the 20th Aug so I am 2 weeks behind you. Bought plans on the 20th and 22nd Aug and canceled them on the 6th and 14th Sept. So yes sorry I actually canceled them in Sept not Aug.

So maybe I will get an expiry email next month? I hope not.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #48603 by dst11

st3fx wrote: @dst11 Thanks for update. I also received second expiration notice about a week before you after subscribing/canceling monthly plan in August. I have since subscribed again to $5 monthly plan with Tello Dollars. If you're willing to experiment, try a device swap again before expiration. You can PM me in case you need a placeholder ESN. Once I run out of Tello Dollars, I will also do some experimenting with device swaps, porting in, etc.

Sure, I'll give it a try. The odds don't look good but let's give it a try!

Can I try the 11-digit ESN you gave me last time?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #48607 by st3fx

dst11 wrote:

st3fx wrote: @dst11 Thanks for update. I also received second expiration notice about a week before you after subscribing/canceling monthly plan in August. I have since subscribed again to $5 monthly plan with Tello Dollars. If you're willing to experiment, try a device swap again before expiration. You can PM me in case you need a placeholder ESN. Once I run out of Tello Dollars, I will also do some experimenting with device swaps, porting in, etc.

Sure, I'll give it a try. The odds don't look good but let's give it a try!

Can I try the 11-digit ESN you gave me last time?

Yes. Thanks! Good luck.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #48616 by dst11
OK, I did the swap. No ESN problems this time. I did:

Tello1 ESN -> Temp ESN
Tello2 ESN -> Tello1 ESN
Temp ESN -> Tello2 ESN

Your ESN passes the BYOD check now.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #48708 by mmfacemm
Just received an expiration warning today on one line. Will expire on the 9th. $5 tello dollars left so will see how long I can keep this line going before it dies.