Tello

More
1 month 1 week ago #47484 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic Tello
@dst11 Make sure you are entering your full DEC ESN (numbers only, no letters) without omitting leading or trailing zero(s), if applicable. I suggest also to verify ESN in phone settings matches label in battery compartment.

When you checked at Twigby, did it load this URL? This URL loads if "sunset" device appears already active on Sprint network. www.twigby.com/page/meidlookup/port_sunset

Most likely you will have to contact Tello support to resolve this. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dst11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #47486 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Tello

dst11 wrote: I tried again today (HEX and DEC) and the results were the same: "Oops! Your IMEI might not be correct or your phone is not Tello compatible."

Isamorph wrote: This is exactly what comes up with IMEI on my phone that you were able to swap into Tello. A mystery as to why it passed the Tello checker while your phone does not.

Were different batches of the DuraXT manufactured? Could my DuraXT be from an older batch and your DuraXT from a newer batch?

Different batches are likely, but I don't think that would make a difference with activation on Sprint. It could be, since Tello laid the hammer down on the PayGo accounts, Tello is somehow detecting and blocking the possible end a rounds to their TOS. Yet it could be bad timing luck, and if I now tried to swap my/your IMEI back into my account, my Kyocera DuraXT phone would also be rejected. As has been mentioned, emailing or calling Tello is probably your last resort.

Edit: one more thing. I had my Kyocera phone completely shut down when you used the IMEI to swap in to Tello, but after you reported your problem, I booted it back on so that it could update and actually connect to the Sprint network thinking that might help in some odd way. After doing so, a new number was on the phone(yours no doubt), which indicates that it is actually functioning on Tello, although I turned data off and did not make or receive any calls. Also, when you are using the Tello checker are you using it after it comes up after requesting a swap on your dashboard or before you request the swap, for the order may make a difference though I don't see why it would.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dst11

More
1 month 1 week ago #47488 by dst11
Replied by dst11 on topic Tello

Isamorph wrote: Edit: one more thing. I had my Kyocera phone completely shut down when you used the IMEI to swap in to Tello, but after you reported your problem, I booted it back on so that it could update and actually connect to the Sprint network thinking that might help in some odd way. After doing so, a new number was on the phone(yours no doubt), which indicates that it is actually functioning on Tello, although I turned data off and did not make or receive any calls.

It has 90 cents of airtime left. Which may decrease to 0 on Friday. Go crazy on it!

Also, when you are using the Tello checker are you using it after it comes up after requesting a swap on your dashboard or before you request the swap, for the order may make a difference though I don't see why it would.

The first, I think. I click 'My Phone', then 'Bring a new phone', then I get the Tello checker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 month 1 week ago #47489 by dst11

st3fx wrote: When you checked at Twigby, did it load this URL? This URL loads if "sunset" device appears already active on Sprint network. www.twigby.com/page/meidlookup/port_sunset

Yes, this URL. Then I click 'Get Started' and I go to www.twigby.com/page/activate . Then I click 'Check Your Phone' and I go to www.twigby.com/page/byod where I check.

More
1 month 1 week ago #47492 by st3fx
@dst11 If you would like to experiment some more, I have a spare ESN/MEID eligible for activation on Tello you can swap to releasing @Isamorph's. It will be interesting to see what Tello has to say about yours and @Isamorph's after the swap. Let me know. I can send it by private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, dst11

More
1 month 1 week ago #47496 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Tello

st3fx wrote: @dst11 If you would like to experiment some more, I have a spare ESN/MEID eligible for activation on Tello you can swap to releasing @Isamorph's. It will be interesting to see what Tello has to say about yours and @Isamorph's after the swap. Let me know. I can send it by private message.

This might be interesting.

Isamorph, good thought about letting the loaner phone go through activation. Not sure I would have thought of that as a possible impediment to the DuraXT being fully released.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, dst11

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #47500 by dst11

st3fx wrote: @dst11 If you would like to experiment some more, I have a spare ESN/MEID eligible for activation on Tello you can swap to releasing @Isamorph's. It will be interesting to see what Tello has to say about yours and @Isamorph's after the swap. Let me know. I can send it by private message.

Sure, I'm game. Send it over. I, also, have another DuraXT on Tello that will expire on Friday that I don't mind experimenting on. I can swap your ESN on any of my 2 Tello lines.

But what will our experimenting do? See if Tello does what? Can you tell me what to look for?

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #47503 by st3fx

dst11 wrote:

Sure, I'm game. Send it over. I, also, have another DuraXT on Tello that will expire on Friday that I don't mind experimenting on. I can swap your ESN on any of my 2 Tello lines.

But what will our experimenting do? See if Tello does what? Can you tell me what to look for?

I sent you PM with ESN of Motorola Q. It shows can be activated on Tello/Twigby.

For this experiment, please swap on the same line. I would like to see if yours and @Isamorph's ESNs become eligible for activation on Tello afterwards. It appears as though your ESN was not released properly, so I am wondering if swapping again will fix this glitch.

ETA: I disposed of the Motorola Q many years ago due to water damage, but this ESN has served me well as a placeholder over the years.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #47522 by dst11

st3fx wrote: I sent you PM with ESN of Motorola Q. It shows can be activated on Tello/Twigby.

For this experiment, please swap on the same line. I would like to see if yours and @Isamorph's ESNs become eligible for activation on Tello afterwards. It appears as though your ESN was not released properly, so I am wondering if swapping again will fix this glitch.

ETA: I disposed of the Motorola Q many years ago due to water damage, but this ESN has served me well as a placeholder over the years.

The ESN in the PM is 11 digits. That's short, yes?

More
1 month 1 week ago #47524 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Tello
The "Q" is an old phone, maybe 2007, so I'm guessing its IMEI was normal for back then. Won't hurt to give it a go, for @st3fx said it could be activated on Tello.