Tello

More
2 months 1 week ago #44218 by jamielih
Replied by jamielih on topic Tello
I have a few Tello lines. Most have less than $1 PAYGO balance for the past 2 years. One has $0 PAYGO balance for the past 2 years. None of those low balance lines have a plan. I've used the service on the ones with a positive balance about once or twice a year at most. All lines still have their phone numbers, including the one with $0 PAYGO, which I haven't used in 2 years due to the zero balance.

Your mileage may vary, especially if you don't hypermile like I do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 20 hours ago #44318 by ZZWang
Replied by ZZWang on topic Tello

Widsith wrote: Several times over the past few years I've switched back and forth between various combinations of plans and pay as you go without any problems. Back before they had free unlimited texts I had a data-only plan and used pay as you go for both my voice minutes and texts. I think you can still mix and match to get pretty much any combination that you want.

Yes. I feel the data only plan with PAYGO minutes works especially well.
With the current double data offer, can even get some extra data and rollover for future use.
(Just need to be careful about manual renewal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #45551 by ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905
as ive made a post about this before, some already know, Ref thread here : www.nthcircle.com/forum/cord-cutters/3137-netflix-phone-to-tv?start=0 . among others, i currently monitor 2 tello accounts that are unlimited data only. one using a cable (effectively mirroring), one using hotspot. one account i would call normal usage (about 10-18GB a month) one account is a heavy user ( at the 25gb limit a month), because it is the only source of internet. both are used for school, work and relax. the last month heavy user's "unlimited" lasted until the day before the scheduled renewal date. and it was decided to add paygo to it to continue high speed until the following day. this month it is going to be short by a little over a week. so now the question is do i suggest they renew early and move their pay date/monthly plan up? or do i suggest they add paygo daily until the renewal date ? saving money isnt really the question however it is up there on the list of concerns as 2 paygo days at $20 is more than renewing for $39. i have never renewed early, as before there was no need and you could just hop on free wifi, however now thats not the case. im assuming it is painless as history has shown me that it is with tello. however i cant shake that it wont go well and i will need to social distance trouble shoot ( which im horrible at). can anyone shed light on moving renewal dates and how it went? horror stories welcome.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #45554 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Tello
Although I've only had smaller plans-- renewing early has been painless, easy, and quick. No process is perfect, but I don't think I've ever seen a report of issues in this process. (Some folks try to do it every month, renewing a day or 2 early, to keep unused allotments available for the next month, so there should be a large enough sample for problems to show up, if they existed.)

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #45568 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Tello
Well, looks like my Tello phones are still working. I was able to send SMS from and to the phone.

More
3 weeks 19 hours ago #45583 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Tello

KentE wrote: Although I've only had smaller plans-- renewing early has been painless, easy, and quick. No process is perfect, but I don't think I've ever seen a report of issues in this process. (Some folks try to do it every month, renewing a day or 2 early, to keep unused allotments available for the next month, so there should be a large enough sample for problems to show up, if they existed.)

I was under the impression that renewing early let you keep this month’s allotment only until the end of that particular month, not until the end of the next month.

More
3 weeks 19 hours ago #45584 by KentE

peterquinn wrote:

KentE wrote: Although I've only had smaller plans-- renewing early has been painless, easy, and quick. No process is perfect, but I don't think I've ever seen a report of issues in this process. (Some folks try to do it every month, renewing a day or 2 early, to keep unused allotments available for the next month, so there should be a large enough sample for problems to show up, if they existed.)

I was under the impression that renewing early let you keep this month’s allotment only until the end of that particular month, not until the end of the next month.

No, it allows you to keep this month's allotment through the end of the 'new' month.
Example: we have a 500mb plan, currently doubled to 1GB. Renewed a couple of days early just before 4/30 (so that I could pay with Tello Dollars), and it now shows 1.76gb until 5/30.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
3 weeks 17 hours ago #45586 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Tello
KentE wrote: "No, it allows you to keep this month's allotment through the end of the 'new' month.
Example: we have a 500mb plan, currently doubled to 1GB. Renewed a couple of days early just before 4/30 (so that I could pay with Tello Dollars), and it now shows 1.76gb until 5/30."

Oh wow, thank you, that's good to know! Is there a limit on how long the data rolls over? In other words, if you keep renewing a little early, can you build up a large balance kinda like Tracfone? That would work great as an emergency stash of data!

More
3 weeks 16 hours ago - 3 weeks 16 hours ago #45587 by KentE
I have not done extended early renewals-- but others have reported (elsewhere) that unused allotments will continue to roll forward.

Set a calendar reminder, and your Tello dashboard has an option to email you 2 days before renewal.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #45589 by Promoze
Replied by Promoze on topic Tello
I just pulled my old Tribute II out of the box for the first time in quite a few months on the original PAYG balance from years ago. No plan. Call log shows that I last made a call on August 5th, which I had made to keep it active and put it back in the box. Service today was still active, and I made another call. I also have other Tello phones with no plans and PAYG only that went well over 90 days without being powered on or additional money added to PAYG that haven't had anything added to the balance in years that are still working.