Tello

More
3 months 1 week ago #41696 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Tello
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but Tello is offering the following until November 24th.

"Refer a friend until Nov 24 with the unique link you have in your account, and once he places a successful order, you get $20 Tello Dollars and your friend gets $10 Tello Dollars."

tello.com/referral_program
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, tech-stitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #41698 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic Tello
To bad this was not up a week or so ago when I had a referral for a backup line I have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
3 months 1 week ago #41699 by Isamorph

tech-stitch wrote: To bad this was not up a week or so ago when I had a referral for a backup line I have.

Sounds like the promo( something to do with world kindness day ) was just offered in the past few days, so, yeah, too bad not kinder sooner.

www.prepaidphonenews.com/2019/11/tello-mobile-will-double-your-referral.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
3 months 1 week ago #41700 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Tello
I missed the cut on a recent referral by a few days, too I'll observe that Tello has seemingly been very good about honoring referral bonuses, unlike a lot of small MVNOs.
Whether or not it was Wold Kindness Day, I surely appreciate the kindness of all the folks that have used my Tello referral code. I hope Tello has worked out well for each of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Diedrich_Duo

More
3 months 4 days ago #41801 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Tello
How do you get referral for backup line? Do you have to create account with different name?

More
3 months 4 days ago #41811 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Tello

Steve wrote: How do you get referral for backup line? Do you have to create account with different name?

You would definitely have to create a second account-- Tello doesn't support having more than one phone in a single account. Since it's a second account, it should be eligible to use a referral code. If you're asking if it's possible to self-refer, I do not know.

More
3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #41813 by Isamorph

KentE wrote:

Steve wrote: How do you get referral for backup line? Do you have to create account with different name?

You would definitely have to create a second account-- Tello doesn't support having more than one phone in a single account. Since it's a second account, it should be eligible to use a referral code. If you're asking if it's possible to self-refer, I do not know.

I don't remember or know if anyone has reported successfully using a referral code from one of their accounts when they have opened a second account and then received the Tello referral dollars without a problem, but it would be nice to know if they did. If one opened a new Tello account to get the recently offered 6 month plan as well as the referral dollars, that would be great, but my two existing accounts have the same billing address and Paypal payment method and I wonder if opening a new account with the same info would be a deal-breaker from Tello's point of view, or would their automated system ignore these facts as long as a different email address is used?