Tello

More
3 years 3 months ago #394 by sfatula
Replied by sfatula on topic Tello
Sadly, still waiting on my port out from R+ to Tello on one line since Saturday. I realize weekends are not working days of course. It appears I will be on Ting before it goes over. Oh well, as long as they don't lose numbers I am ok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #395 by 1_to_remember
Replied by 1_to_remember on topic Tello

sfatula wrote: Sadly, still waiting on my port out from R+ to Tello on one line since Saturday. I realize weekends are not working days of course. It appears I will be on Ting before it goes over. Oh well, as long as they don't lose numbers I am ok.


I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #399 by Widsith
Replied by Widsith on topic Tello

sfatula wrote: Sadly, still waiting on my port out from R+ to Tello on one line since Saturday. I realize weekends are not working days of course. It appears I will be on Ting before it goes over. Oh well, as long as they don't lose numbers I am ok.

I emailed Tello support today about the status of my orders and pointed out that people who submitted ports a day or two (or three) after mine have been seeing theirs completed already. Tello confirmed that mine have been submitted to RingPlus and are still waiting for them to respond. They also confirmed something else that I suspected (direct quote from the email):

Due to the high saturation on Ringplus they are not working on first come first served basis they are porting the numbers randomly.

It certainly looks random from my perspective. I wonder if maybe RingPlus divides the ports up among different people and they work at different speeds. Maybe whoever got the batch that includes mine took a day or two off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • JTSR71
  • JTSR71's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #400 by JTSR71
Replied by JTSR71 on topic Tello

Widsith wrote: I emailed Tello support today about the status of my orders and pointed out that people who submitted ports a day or two (or three) after mine have been seeing theirs completed already. Tello confirmed that mine have been submitted to RingPlus and are still waiting for them to respond. They also confirmed something else that I suspected (direct quote from the email):

Due to the high saturation on Ringplus they are not working on first come first served basis they are porting the numbers randomly.

It certainly looks random from my perspective. I wonder if maybe RingPlus divides the ports up among different people and they work at different speeds. Maybe whoever got the batch that includes mine took a day or two off.


I guess the thing is that if you trust what Ting say, then you'll have the benefit of your free R+ service as long as possible, and Ting have said that the service will continue between then and when your port completes (or when you add billing details to their system).

To minimize the chances of unintended R+ charges, R+ have even added the daily 1 cent plan as an option although this actually may not work for everybody depending on their usage pattern and their exact top up balance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #402 by 1_to_remember
Replied by 1_to_remember on topic Tello

JTSR71 wrote:

Widsith wrote:

Chelle wrote: I'm just telling you how the mods ban users.

If you were banned by a staff member then it's certainly possible that they put you in the express line.


I'm pretty sure it was a moderator (jamielih). If you want to look for yourself at social.ringplus.net/discussion/comment/137650/#Comment_137650 you'll see that I was in a discussion with jamielih at the time. At 8:40 pm (while I was writing a reply to one of his messages) he posted a message replying to someone else saying that further comments on the subject were off-topic and might have further consequences. At 8:41 pm he posted another message replying to yet another person saying the same thing. (Neither of those messages were addressed to me and in fact quoted the other people to whom he was replying.) At 8:43 pm (without having yet seen either of his messages) I pushed the button to post my message. Less than a minute later I refreshed my screen to see if anything else new had been posted and found that I had been banned (and saw his two new messages for the first time). So I'm convinced jamielih banned me on the spot, without having time to consult anyone else, and without waiting a reasonable time for people to see his warning, just because I annoyed him.


Hey Widsith, you're entitled to your opinion. :woohoo: :lol:



Eeekk!!! I totally missed this reply. Sorry... I can see why you said what you did. :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #414 by sfatula
Replied by sfatula on topic Tello
Yay! My weekend port to Tello on my wifes phone *finally* made it there, all works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #420 by 1_to_remember
Replied by 1_to_remember on topic Tello

sfatula wrote: Yay! My weekend port to Tello on my wifes phone *finally* made it there, all works.


Yay!!! Wish I could give you a thumbs up or kudos in the corner! Old habits die hard! :P I'm glad to hear it! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #424 by UltimateGladiator
Replied by UltimateGladiator on topic Tello
One port of mine completed but I had to cancel it and re-port it in today. Did the same with the other two lines and switched one to twigby. Lots of issues with lines disappearing in ringplus accounts including mine but it is supposed to be okay. I hope so!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #442 by Widsith
Replied by Widsith on topic Tello

UltimateGladiator wrote: One port of mine completed but I had to cancel it and re-port it in today. Did the same with the other two lines and switched one to twigby. Lots of issues with lines disappearing in ringplus accounts including mine but it is supposed to be okay. I hope so!!

All three of my lines disappeared from my RingPlus dashboards and the port-in orders on Tello changed to "Failed" status. The phones stopped working. But within a couple of hours I got an email saying "Your device is ready for Tello" and all the orders on Tello had succeeded. I went through the procedure on my Tello dashboards for doing a carrier reset for my phone and my son's and both our phones are working again. The third belongs to a family member who lives out of town so I'll probably have to call her tomorrow on her Dad's phone and talk her through the carrier reset for hers, but her dashboard looks good and it should be fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #466 by alexdm
Replied by alexdm on topic Tello
I read that most of the users were not liking the ban and that the only thing the messages included was a reassuring that Tello is working on completing the porting process as smooth and fast as possible, nothing more....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.