Tello GSM is available

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #61 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic Tello GSM is available

rolandh wrote: Apologies if this has been mentioned before, however, Tello is now selling standalone GSM SIMs for $7 at Amazon: www.amazon.com/Tello-Mobile-Bring-Your-Phone/dp/B08H5SM9M9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1G55IO3A89P8H&dchild=1&keywords=tello+sim+card+kit&qid=1613340156&sprefix=tello%2Caps%2C205&sr=8-3.

Thanks for the update!  That's good to know, especially for folks who aren't existing Tello customers. 

Tello hasn't publicized it much, but existing Tello customers can get a free GSM SIM anytime they want to migrate over from the old Sprint network to the T-Mo network.  (Just sign in to your account and go to the "Bring your phone" tab and fill out your information.)  They have several shipping options depending upon how quickly you need to get the new SIM, but I got mine with free delivery via USPS in only three days. 

One other "plus" with the GSM SIM cards is that if you ever swap phones you can use the same SIM... a nice change from all the different SIMs Sprint used to require.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #62 by ajzwilli
Replied by ajzwilli on topic Tello GSM is available
Tello FAQ indicates GSM sim expires in 3 years:
(under CDMA sim card section)
What's the expiry date of a Tello GSM SIM?
The SIM is valid for 3 years since purchase date, so you can activate it anytime in this period. Still, we advise you to activate the SIM card as soon as possible in order to enjoy Tello's advantages & savings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #63 by rolandh
Replied by rolandh on topic Tello GSM is available
This is, pretty much the standard for any TMO network SIM I've used. In most cases, TMO network SIMs have an "Activate By" date on the credit card sized plastic from which one snaps the SIM out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #64 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Tello GSM is available
ETA - Oopps, sorry, deal has its own thread
www.nthcircle.com/forum/tello/3681-tello-50-off-any-plan-for-3-months-and-a-free-sim-new-customers-new-lines
Free SIM for new Tello line + 50% off 1st 3 mo.
Looks to require 3 mo. of service (@ 50% off) paid to get the free SIM?
blog.tello.com/offers/50-off-any-phone-plan/

So cheapest would be $7.50 for 3 mo. of 500mb data only plan.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #65 by Phoniac
Replied by Phoniac on topic Tello GSM is available
Suppose I sign up for Tello's current 50% off promo on their cheapest plan.  I will get their GSM sim.  Suppose I cancel the plan in one month but hold on to the sim.  Will I be able to activate this same sim on Tello sometime in the future?  Or will I have to get a new sim?
TIA.
Edit - I am not a Tello customer currently.  Don't have any lines with them.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #66 by rolandh
Replied by rolandh on topic Tello GSM is available
It depends. In the past, I've rectivated previously active TMO proper and Republic Wireless T-Mobile network SIMs. Both needed to be reactivated within 20 days or otherwise needed to be replaced. A Ting TMO network SIM and Mint Mobile SIMs were one and done and once deactivated needed to be replaced. Like you, I'm not currently a Tello customer, so maybe its different.

More
1 week 5 days ago #67 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Tello GSM is available
I'm not sure that tmobile sims really expire. I've used sims that have past the "activate by" date before. Most recently on ultra mobile.