Tello to expire numbers on August 14

More
1 month 5 days ago #48310 by KentE

Lll Old Me wrote: An excellent company like Tello is well off without the opportunists here who have had 10+ paygo lines for next to nothing in order to facilitate their unending swapping for additional unending free stuff.
And separately , who knows how many innumerable Moto E6's members here have gamed from Visible.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Can't say that I disagree with your sentiments here.

To pick a nit, Tello PayGo lines are a one-and-done route for porting out to take advantage of an offer elsewhere requiring a port. At that point, the line is gone for good. With the exception of those who started their Tello PayGo lines with free credits, it's never been the cheapest route for setting up a line specifically to port out from, either. (Tello's $5 monthly plan was always a smarter choice for that, along with some other options.)

If looking at the entire compliment of PayGo lines, it does seem obvious that Tello needed to get out from under the underperforming (or non-performing) ones, notably includingTello's apparent operating policy about keeping lines active with 0 balance for extended periods. (Never a feature included in their TOS, but reported by some users.). I just wish they'd found a method that wasn't one-size-fits-all as a solution: perhaps one that didn't apply the same 'fix' to those who were using PayGO in a manner much closer to the original intention.

When Tello set up the original free PayGo credit offer, they were unwittingly also setting themselves up for this problem. I don't blame Tello for overlooking that danger, either. Another instance of best intentions gone awry. .

FWIW: we've had several pure PayGO lines since joining Tello during the great migration. If any of them were started with free credits, it's the one that's been on a monthly plan ever since.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rawlek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #48311 by golan

Lll Old Me wrote: Whether it's a consumer or a company, or whether it is a Democrat or Republican, the best course of action is to side with the entity who seems to be trying to do the right thing.

I agree. And I would add to that: side with the entity that knows how to do the right thing and has a track record of doing the right thing. No contest in this case.

The blanket rule to always side with other consumers against business, regardless of the facts, is absurd. IMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rawlek

More
1 month 4 days ago #48318 by redrotors
I just wish that they could have seen their way to something less than $80/yr. Paygo. If other MVNOs can do it for $30/yr. it would have been nice if they saw their way to something similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW

More
1 month 4 days ago #48327 by Isamorph
From the get go Tello probably should have just said it would be, for whatever reason, doing away with the existing PayGo accounts on a certain date and users could retain their PayGo credits by transitioning to a $5 a month plan or other plan, or users could cancel their PayGo plan and get a refund for their balances.
That way Tello could have avoided the vagaries.

More
1 month 1 day ago #48382 by bingyee
Has anyone else gotten a termination notice recently? I still haven't gotten mine. Perhaps Tello only targeted the low hanging fruit, i.e. they account holders who were too greedy with maintaining multiple PAYGO lines, but left alone single line holders who actually paid in like me???

• dst11
  • dst11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 month 1 day ago #48385 by dst11

Lll Old Me wrote: Whether it's a consumer or a company, or whether it is a Democrat or Republican, the best course of action is to side with the entity who seems to be trying to do the right thing.

Sounds good but what I consider the right thing and what you consider to be the right thing can be vastly different. Night and day.

More
1 month 1 day ago #48386 by Isamorph

dst11 wrote:

Sounds good but what I consider the right thing and what you consider to be the right thing can be vastly different. Night and day.

So there is no objective right or wrong; right and wrong is whatever individuals think it is, which is to say it’s subjective and cannot be determined.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dst11

More
1 month 1 day ago #48388 by golan

Isamorph wrote: So there is no objective right or wrong; right and wrong is whatever individuals think it is, which is to say it’s subjective and cannot be determined.

Are these rhetorical questions without question marks?

More
1 month 1 day ago #48393 by Isamorph

golan wrote:

Isamorph wrote: So there is no objective right or wrong; right and wrong is whatever individuals think it is, which is to say it’s subjective and cannot be determined.

The sentences were meant as suggestions more than questions, suggestions as to where one might be headed if differing individual perceptions of right wrong were considered the sole basis for determining right and wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lll Old Me

• als
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
1 month 1 day ago #48395 by als

Isamorph wrote:

golan wrote:

The sentences were meant as suggestions more than questions, suggestions as to where one might be headed if differing individual perceptions of right wrong were considered the sole basis for determining right and wrong.

Here is an example where famous friends expanded upon views rather than focusing on ' right or wrong'
www.c-span.org/video/?318884-1/conversation-justices-scalia-ginsburg-2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph