Tello Plan shows "Your plan has been cancelled" "Buy New Plan"

More
2 months 2 days ago #42443 by st3fx

dst11 wrote: I notice there is no deadline. Can it be more of a 'try to move paygoers to a monthly plan' thing?

BTW, I haven't received anything yet. Any moment now...

I am wondering the same. Hopefully there is a brave soul out there willing to test this. I am also curious if a device swap order results in extension. Maybe so, since possible to also port in number during device swap and I doubt Tello would expire a line soon after porting in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dst11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #42444 by tech-stitch
Have not received any of those and the account looks normal. I will post if things change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx, dst11

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #42445 by dst11

st3fx wrote: I am wondering the same. Hopefully there is a brave soul out there willing to test this.

I'll test it for sure. I have a small PAYGO balance on both of my lines. I won't sign up for a monthly plan. I'll ride it out and see how long it lasts!

I am also curious if a device swap order results in extension. Maybe so, since possible to also port in number during device swap and I doubt Tello would expire a line soon after porting in.

I was curious too and was ready to swap out and in but thankfully Isamorph, KentE, and rawlek helped me realize my grandfathered Tello phones won't activate again so Operation Phone-swap never got off the ground!
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
2 months 1 day ago #42446 by KentE
I haven't received the email on either of 2 PayGo accounts-- one I was planning on letting expire (low balance): and one with a higher balance that I'd like to salvage some way, but so far, Tello has declined to issue a refund for.

I'll try a phone swap on one or the other, but (personally) I don't expect it to help.

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #42447 by dst11

KentE wrote: ... and one with a higher balance that I'd like to salvage some way, but so far, Tello has declined to issue a refund for.

I remember someone saying he made a complaint to the FCC because Tello wasn't giving him a refund and he got his refund.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
2 months 1 day ago - 2 months 1 day ago #42448 by Isamorph

dst11 wrote:

KentE wrote: ... and one with a higher balance that I'd like to salvage some way, but so far, Tello has declined to issue a refund for./quote]

I remember someone saying he made a complaint to the FCC because Tello wasn't giving him a refund and he got his refund.

I remember a post on the Hofo forum mentioning the FCC refund issue.

Interesting that Tello, in addition to mentioning Tello would give Paygo users plenty of notice before expiring accounts, also said, if I'm not mistaken, it would look at accounts individually on a case by case basis, which is unusual and instills uncertainty. Yet, I'm guessing Tello's TOS probably has an "at Tello's discretion" phrase in it which would allow appraising individual user accounts as it sees fit.

www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1915676-Tello-Credit-Expiration/page12

Georgiana_Tello said:

"Hey, thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, we don't have a specific period for each case, but instead, work on offering the needed time for active customers to get the notification.

No text messages for now. The idea is to check your email & account; any changes will reach your inbox, no doubt about it, and you'll have time to act on them, promise!"

www.nthcircle.com/forum/tello/2966-tello-plan-shows-your-plan-has-been-cancelled-buy-new-plan?start=20#42142

"- Do I get a refund? Yes. Although every account is unique, anything that was paid for will be refunded, no questions asked.
- If you will get a refund will you be losing your phone number? Yes. You’ll be asked if you want to port out the number and, if not, your number will be expired, but we are not wiping any numbers off without people knowing about it.
- Using remaining PAYG credit to swap to a plan? This is a great suggestion, but it will depend on each case."

www.nthcircle.com/forum/tello/2859-tello-minimum-payg-20?start=60