Tello Plan shows "Your plan has been cancelled" "Buy New Plan"

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42133 by hello_tello

Georgiana_Tello wrote:
We stand by our word, no expiration will take place without prior notification, no need to worry about that.

Thanks again,
Your Tello Team

How many days prior to the expiration will we receive the email notification? Will we receive a text notification as well? Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42139 by Isamorph

hello_tello wrote:

Georgiana_Tello wrote:
We stand by our word, no expiration will take place without prior notification, no need to worry about that.

Thanks again,
Your Tello Team

How many days prior to the expiration will we receive the email notification? Will we receive a text notification as well? Thank you.

From Georgiana_Tello about 2 months ago: - When you send out an email to warn of expiration how long after that email will we have until the Paygo credit is lost?
"There is no need to worry about this. When a number is due to expire, we’ll send out a bunch of notifications, smoke signals and what not to assure you have been informed and have plenty of time to do something about it."

So, the email arrives plenty of days prior to the expiration date and perhaps text notifications will be part of the bunch of notifications, smoke signals and whatnot that is sent.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42142 by Georgiana_Tello
Hey, thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, we don't have a specific period for each case, but instead, work on offering the needed time for active customers to get the notification.

No text messages for now. The idea is to check your email & account; any changes will reach your inbox, no doubt about it, and you'll have time to act on them, promise!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, PEW, Isamorph

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42181 by PEW
Looks like a possible option is the $5 plan that would have 500mb data with unlimited 2g... no min, no txt.
$5/mo for the spare phone that stays in the car for live navigation?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42207 by hello_tello

Georgiana_Tello wrote: Hey, thanks for the question!

Unfortunately, we don't have a specific period for each case, but instead, work on offering the needed time for active customers to get the notification.

No text messages for now. The idea is to check your email & account; any changes will reach your inbox, no doubt about it, and you'll have time to act on them, promise!

Any new update on when the notification will be sent and the actual date Tello will start cancelling account with no new order in the past 3 months?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42208 by Chelle

PEW wrote: Looks like a possible option is the $5 plan that would have 500mb data with unlimited 2g... no min, no txt.
$5/mo for the spare phone that stays in the car for live navigation?

I signed up for the $5 plan, tonight.

It's data only, so no taxes added. Unlimited text messages are included, though. I rarely text on any of my phones so that won't do much for me, but some might be interested.

If you use your PAYG balance for calls and have unlimited texts and the small data plan you could get off pretty cheaply.

And we know that Google Hangouts works even on the unlimited 2g data (I tested it several years ago).

So, with 500 MB of LTE, unlimited 2g, unlimited text messages, and Google Hangouts you could have an unlimited plan for a flat $5 if you could live with incredibly slow data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, Isamorph, Chosen

More
1 month 1 week ago #42211 by KentE
Chelle writes: "And we know that Google Hangouts works even on the unlimited 2g data (I tested it several years ago)."

That was really helpful--and it was mirrored by someone else using TextNow (VoIP) calling on Tello 2G successfully . The popular view in many threads I've read in other forums is that this won't work, and I chuckle each time I read one.

When I first got Tello (200mb LTE) as a backup line, I intentionally ran into 2G, to see what I could do with it, with no risk. (I had another phone.) Bottom line, I could live with it I needed to & made some effort, and Tello 2G is about as slow as any. (When I ran some speedtests, latency was reasonably low & throughput was stable, which probably helped.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #42212 by Isamorph
I believe what Chelle said about using Hangouts to get an unlimited plan for $5 a month on Tello Sprint would also hold true for using Hangouts or GV on the basic Red Pocket, on any GSM or CDMA network, one year $60 or $5 a month plan. BTW, eBay is currently offering account holders 10% off this plan, etc., until 12/18/2019, at least on my account.

www.ebay.com/itm/133058476404

More
1 month 1 week ago #42213 by KentE

Isamorph wrote: I believe what Chelle said about using Hangouts to get an unlimited plan for $5 a month on Tello Sprint would also hold true for using Hangouts or GV on the basic Red Pocket, on any GSM or CDMA network, one year $60 or $5 a month plan. BTW, eBay is currently offering account holders 10% off this plan, etc., until 12/18/2019, at least on my account.

You must be special. :( No discount for me.

The difference Chelle was alluding to on the Tello plan is based on the unlimited 2G, which could translate to unlimited minutes with VoIP. The lower-tier Red Pocket plans don't include 2G fallback, so you would run out of data before you reached 'unlimited' VoIP minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #42214 by Isamorph

KentE wrote:

Isamorph wrote: I believe what Chelle said about using Hangouts to get an unlimited plan for $5 a month on Tello Sprint would also hold true for using Hangouts or GV on the basic Red Pocket, on any GSM or CDMA network, one year $60 or $5 a month plan. BTW, eBay is currently offering account holders 10% off this plan, etc., until 12/18/2019, at least on my account.

You must be special. :( No discount for me.

The difference Chelle was alluding to on the Tello plan is based on the unlimited 2G, which could translate to unlimited minutes with VoIP. The lower-tier Red Pocket plans don't include 2G fallback, so you would run out of data before you reached 'unlimited' VoIP minutes.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that the one-year eBay plan was a lower-tiered plan and that lowered tiered plans didn't qualify for unlimited 2G data.
On the Red Pocket eBay plan page, it has the info quoted below where evidently the asterisk must lead to the no 2G unlimited data qualification, though I could not find where the asterisk led to. That said, 100 Mbps of the 500 Mbps of data would provide an additional 500 minutes of talk using GV or Hangouts, which is still a pretty good plan since one can choose any network. It's odd that eBay doesn't offer the same discount to all account holders at the same time. Maybe I am special.:huh:
Edit: I do see where this basic plan does have add ons for when runs out of minutes or data, which would seem to indicate that there is no unlimited 2G.

"Compatible devices required for 4G LTE speed mobile internet access.
*Unlimited at up to 2G speeds after high speed data is consumed."

www.redpocket.com/plans/ebay
Attachments: