Tello Plan shows "Your plan has been cancelled" "Buy New Plan"

• Zubrin
  • Zubrin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42043 by Zubrin
It finally came. Check your Tello account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42044 by realLexusl21

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42045 by KentE
You would see this message if you were on a monthly plan, and changed to PayGo.
I don't know if that is what you are seeing.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #42047 by mmfacemm
I see that (and never had a plan) but the paygo balance is still there further down.

Mine seems to be working fine.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #42048 by Isamorph
I thought Tello said they would notify customers before accounts were canceled.

Tello:

"Even with Halloween season coming up, we’re not planning to trick customers into anything or close our doors to people who have been using this product. We will come up with new features in the near future, and in the meantime, no Tello number is expired without prior notification by email - don’t believe anything else you hear. The changes were supposed to clarify some of the questions from customers."

www.nthcircle.com/forum/tello/2859-tello-minimum-payg-20?start=60

• Zubrin
  • Zubrin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42049 by Zubrin
For lines still have Tello Dollars, you can purchase new plan ($5 minimum) with Tello Dollars. For lines only have little PAYG balance, clarification from Tello will be needed if those numbers can be ported out without buying a new plan.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #42050 by KentE
OK, if I look at my Tello dashboard on a line with a monthly plan, there are 2 blocks/frames of information.
The top block is my monthly 'plan', and shows bargraphs for remaining data, text (and presumably minutes if my plan included that), with a box to the right showing "My Plan" information.

The bottom block is for my PayGo balance. (I have some Paygo balance for minutes.).
By happenstance, I switched back today from straight PayGO to a monthly plan-- but before I switched back, I saw the same box on the right hand side saying Your Plan Has Been Cancelled: Buy New Plan, where my dashboard currently gives "My Plan".
_____
On a straight PayGo account (never had a monthly 'Plan'), the top block has only the box on the right hand side with the Your Plan Has Been Cancelled: Buy New Plan text: the lower block shows my PayGo balance and info as it should.

Remember that in Tello terms, 'cancelling a plan' is not the same as 'cancelling an account'. 'Plan' refers to a recurring monthly charge.
I think we're just seeing an artifact of the new dashboard layout.

On the other hand, I still expect to see account cancellations very soon, unless Tello decides to let them unofficially slide by for the time being.

I'm disappointed that Tello has not done anything that I can see to reach out to customers.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #42051 by KentE

Zubrin wrote: For lines still have Tello Dollars, you can purchase new plan ($5 minimum) with Tello Dollars. For lines only have little PAYG balance, clarification from Tello will be needed if those numbers can be ported out without buying a new plan.

They definitely can be ported out if they're ported out before the line/account is cancelled. If the account is cancelled without a few days notice, and the number is important, I'd talk to them immediately to insist, and file an FCC complaint right away if that didn't work.

Speaking of porting, the new dashboard still does not show account number, but it does have a menu item to access your account number. Select My Phone from the menu, scroll down to Port Out Information, and enter the Account Security Pin that Tello emailed to all of us a few months ago. The account # appears immediately. Probably a good idea to grab that account number now if you don't already have it. (The email had the subject line "Your Tello Security Pin is here.")

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42056 by SuccessOne
Has Tello changed PaYG terms? I see this message on dashboard, "You can use Pay As You Go balance for international calls & texts." So if you're on $5 plan (data only), you can't use PayG for calls in U.S? Only international calls & texts? Confusing.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #42057 by st3fx

SuccessOne wrote: Has Tello changed PaYG terms? I see this message on dashboard, "You can use Pay As You Go balance for international calls & texts." So if you're on $5 plan (data only), you can't use PayG for calls in U.S? Only international calls & texts? Confusing.

You can still use Tello PAYG for domestic calls/texts.

I see this as a marketing decision to encourage customers to sign up for a monthly plan, since PAYG credit now expires without a plan or PAYG purchase before expiration.

"Pay As You Go is prepaid credit for your national and international calls, texts and data at affordable rates." tello.com/rates/pay_as_you_go

"What can you do with: $20
United States 2000 min/$20
SMS 2000 texts/$20
Data 1 GB/$20"
tello.com/buy/pay_as_you_go
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, SuccessOne