Tello 6-month promo, 2GB/mo, $42- $49

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 5 days ago #46612 by PEW
Argh, 2 of my 3 phones have FED lock on it for no reason, will have to call Sprint tomorrow when their office is open. So glad Sprint is gone. Hopefully T-Mobile does not pull this kind of c* on its customers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #46620 by PEW
Looks like we might either able to renew the month early or maybe pay $14 to effectively add 2GB LTE that would then rollover.
... see button at the bottom.

Attachments:

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 4 days ago #46621 by KentE
PEW, I think you should confirm that with customer support before you do it. (You're probably right-- but better to ask than to risk the rest of the 6-month plan.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #46622 by Isamorph

KentE wrote: PEW, I think you should confirm that with customer support before you do it. (You're probably right-- but better to ask than to risk the rest of the 6-month plan.)

I would agree with KentE. The six-month plan is a different beast than other Tello plans. That said, it may work for early renewal, and if CS gives you the go ahead, let us know, for I will also renew early to get some extra data.

"Note: Stay on this plan for 6 months in order to keep the offer. If you change the phone plan, the offer will no longer apply going forward."

"Customers should not make any changes to the plan. If you change the phone plan, the offer will no longer apply going forward"

stacksocial.com/sales/tello-value-prepaid-6-month-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gbs-lte-data
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 1 day ago #46696 by PEW
BTW, the earlier statement that one could not get the $10 referral bonus may be in error. Just tried my referral link and it seems the referral code is provide while creating the account. Signing up for a plan happens after that and has a separate coupon code.

tello.com/account/register?_referral=P39DX9RZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 week 21 hours ago #46702 by Isamorph

PEW wrote: BTW, the earlier statement that one could not get the $10 referral bonus may be in error. Just tried my referral link and it seems the referral code is provide while creating the account. Signing up for a plan happens after that and has a separate coupon code.

tello.com/account/register?_referral=P39DX9RZ

Just wondering if you did create an account already and did get the referral code credit after activating the plan? Would be nice to have that credit on hand.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 11 hours ago #46716 by PEW
I have one more to sign up but it would not be until mid July. Will confirm back after that unless someone else signs up using my referral code before then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 week 10 hours ago #46717 by Isamorph

PEW wrote: I have one more to sign up but it would not be until mid July. Will confirm back after that unless someone else signs up using my referral code before then.

Yes, I just noticed on your screenshot post above that you probably wouldn't be signing up until July, so I jumped the gun on that matter.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 days 13 hours ago - 3 days 13 hours ago #46821 by PEW

Isamorph wrote:

KentE wrote: PEW, I think you should confirm that with customer support before you do it. (You're probably right-- but better to ask than to risk the rest of the 6-month plan.)

I would agree with KentE. The six-month plan is a different beast than other Tello plans. That said, it may work for early renewal, and if CS gives you the go ahead, let us know, for I will also renew early to get some extra data.

"Note: Stay on this plan for 6 months in order to keep the offer. If you change the phone plan, the offer will no longer apply going forward."

"Customers should not make any changes to the plan. If you change the phone plan, the offer will no longer apply going forward"

stacksocial.com/sales/tello-value-prepaid-6-month-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gbs-lte-data

Just asked the question on the Contact Us form and go a copy/paste robot response / non-response.

"If you run out your data plan of 2GB then your data will slow down to 2G speeds and not LTE. This allowance is set for the 6 months and if you change the plans on the account the promotion would end and be cancelled."

I replied to follow up on my still unanswered question about the RENEW button... that is not a plan change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 days 13 hours ago #46822 by PEW
Got a new reply answering my question in full regarding the RENEW button.

"Yes, that breaks the deal. You have to let the plan renew automatically."
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo