Tello 6-month promo, 2GB/mo, $42- $49

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #43492 by Isamorph
Tello 6-month $49 plan is running for 4 more days on Stack Social but is not discounted as heavily as in the past. It appears those with Facebook Messanger accounts can get 10% off and others "might" be able to get 15% off with code FB15OFF.

stacksocial.com/sales/tello-value-prepaid-6-month-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gbs-lte-data
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, PEW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43649 by Isamorph
This plan is back for 5 days with 15% off with code "PRESIDENT15" plus 10% off for Facebook Messenger accounts.

stacksocial.com/sales/tello-value-prepaid-6-month-plan-unlimited-talk-text-2gbs-lte-data

Edit: Deleted some erroneous information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, jamielih, als

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #43661 by jamielih

Isamorph wrote: This plan is back for 5 days with 15% off with code "PRESIDENT15" plus 10% off for Facebook Messenger accounts plus a possible $10 SS cashback for first-time buyers.

Thus $49-15%=$41.65-$4.90(10% off)=$36.75-$10(possible cashback)=$26.75-- if that's how it works, which at $ 4.46 a month is a nice deal for someone.

New tello users only. Has anyone successfully added to an existing tello account any tello promo specifically requiring new tello users only?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43662 by Isamorph

jamielih wrote:

Isamorph wrote: This plan is back for 5 days with 15% off with code "PRESIDENT15" plus 10% off for Facebook Messenger accounts plus a possible $10 SS cashback for first-time buyers.

Thus $49-15%=$41.65-$4.90(10% off)=$36.75-$10(possible cashback)=$26.75-- if that's how it works, which at $ 4.46 a month is a nice deal for someone.

New tello users only. Has anyone successfully added to an existing tello account any tello promo specifically requiring new tello users only?

I got this plan some months ago but just set up another account with a different email account. I did use the same billing address and Paypal account as on my other accounts. But since Tello now allows consolidating different existing plans into one account, one would think a "new" promo plan would be allowed into an existing account. Probably best to contact CS to find out for sure since one has to call them anyway to place existing accounts into one family account. When I set up this 6-month account on the Tello website, I got the discounts from Stack social but was not given the option to use a Tello referral on top of that, FWIW.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43663 by joseph

How do you add the FB Messenger 10%? After successfully adding the 15% off President15 it doesn't allow any additional place to enter another discount. (Neither the Facebook nor the SS cash back.)

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43664 by Isamorph

joseph wrote:

How do you add the FB Messenger 10%? After successfully adding the 15% off President15 it doesn't allow any additional place to enter another discount. (Neither the Facebook nor the SS cash back.)

I can't speak to the Facebook messenger 10% since I don't have a Facebook account. The $ 10 cashback you receive from SS for a first time purchase and it's not a discount received from Tello. I suspect the 10% discount from FB would somehow be received from within SS. So when setting up the plan on Tello, only 15%( 20% when I did it) will be deducted. I might add, that I received a $5 coupon from PayPal when I used it to pay Tello, but that might not be the case now. Also, as I mentioned above, Tello offered no option to use a Tello referral code when setting up and paying for this plan.

Edit: I didn't pay Tello as stated above, but rather got $5 PayPal coupon when I paid SS for the plan. OOps.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43665 by joseph
Where does the idea that their might be a 10% FB Messenger discount come from?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #43666 by Isamorph

joseph wrote: Where does the idea that their might be a 10% FB Messenger discount come from?

There is a blue bubble on the bottom of the above linked page, which says “get 10% off” and when clicked informs about FB Messenger discount.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43667 by joseph
For some reason I'm not seeing the blue bubble.

Also, I see there's a 10% discount for a first-time purchase; I don't see any $10 discount. (Percent, not dollars.) And even the 10% I don't seem to be able to stack on top of the President15 15% discount.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #43668 by Isamorph

joseph wrote: For some reason I'm not seeing the blue bubble.

Also, I see there's a 10% discount for a first-time purchase; I don't see any $10 discount. (Percent, not dollars.) And even the 10% I don't seem to be able to stack on top of the President15 15% discount.

Sorry, You're correct, it's 10% off for first purchase, although when I got the plan I believe I got a $10 bonus offer for opening an SS account, which is evidently not offered now. I edited my post above that contained incorrect info.
Please see the 4th post on the beginning page of this thread.

"stacking discount codes or using more than one is not permitted for this promo plan, but it's still a great deal. I was afraid to input the member's referral code first and then possibly be left helpless with my Stack social code unable to be used."

www.nthcircle.com/forum/tello/2951-tello-6-month-promo-2gb-mo-42-49