Works While I Sleep

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #40556 by Chelle
Works While I Sleep was created by Chelle
My Unreal Mobile phone number was one that I used as my primary phone back in the Ring Plus days.

I don't use it a lot, anymore, but there are still some people who continue to contact me with that number-- so I didn't want to just let it go into the ether because I elected not to sign up for a Ting plan.

Before I went to bed I sent an email to Tello from my PAYG account asking if they could port that number in and discard the number on my PAYG account. (It's a junk number I don't care about.)

When I woke up it was already done. No follow up calls or emails required. One simple email and that was it.

I know that we all realize that Tello has amazing customer service, but they actually make it look easy.

The only other customer support I know of that's that good is Ting.

Mint is pretty good, but they're not in Tello/Ting territory.

Since I was porting from Ting to Tello I had the two best organizations taking care of the handoff. Gotta love that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Frasier1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #40557 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Works While I Sleep
Did your email include the pin etc?

Just FYI if you want to port in a number you can do so by swapping the device as it asks whether you want to port in at that point. I swap in a spare device and then swap back to the one I want and input the port details then so it is all ready to go. But good to know customer service can take care of it if you prefer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Frasier1

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #40558 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Works While I Sleep

mmfacemm wrote: Did your email include the pin etc?

Just FYI if you want to port in a number you can do so by swapping the device as it asks whether you want to port in at that point. I swap in a spare device and then swap back to the one I want and input the port details then so it is all ready to go. But good to know customer service can take care of it if you prefer.

Yes. I included the porting info in the original email.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, Frasier1