Tello Port In Experience

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 1 month ago #33132 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Tello Port In Experience
Looks like the port dept do not open on the weekends, I guess the email for me to call Red Pocket is an automated email generated maybe 12 hr after port starts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #33134 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic Tello Port In Experience
Ports from a Sprint MVNO to Tello isn't comparable to true port from another carrier to Tello, as one's internal and the other's an external port.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #33137 by PEW
Who ported from Sprint to Tello? Not me. My lightning fast port was Sprint to Mint.

My Red Pocket (Sprint) to Tello are both Sprint, so you say it should be easier?

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #33138 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic Tello Port In Experience

PEW wrote:
My Red Pocket (Sprint) to Tello are both Sprint, so you say it should be easier?

It probably isn't any easier or done differently from the customer perspective, but behind the scenes it is a much different process than a port from a non-Sprint service provider.

So the turnaround timeframe may differ between Sprint-to-Sprint versus other-to-Sprint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #33141 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Tello Port In Experience
The fact that PEW's Cellnuvo # sat dormant, active, inactive, or whatever, on an unused Red Pocket defunct plan for a year or or whatever, may have caused some unusual problems with the port.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 year 1 month ago #33184 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Tello Port In Experience
I'm guessing if the number sat at Red Pocket unusable for a year, a day or 2 waiting for a port to complete is probably worth waiting for. I think the first part of the delay seems to be R.P., but they still deserve credit for finding the number and making it available for porting at all.

While all my ports to Tello were quick and easy (from Sprint Postpaid and Ting CDMA, and maybe Red Pocket CDMA?), my only port out of Tello was surprisingly difficult. Account number not available on the dashboard, and it took me a few days to get it from Customer Service. Once I received the credentials, it went smoothly.

More
1 year 1 month ago #33187 by realLexusl21

KentE wrote: I'm guessing if the number sat at Red Pocket unusable for a year, a day or 2 waiting for a port to complete is probably worth waiting for. I think the first part of the delay seems to be R.P., but they still deserve credit for finding the number and making it available for porting at all.

While all my ports to Tello were quick and easy (from Sprint Postpaid and Ting CDMA, and maybe Red Pocket CDMA?), my only port out of Tello was surprisingly difficult. Account number not available on the dashboard, and it took me a few days to get it from Customer Service. Once I received the credentials, it went smoothly.

Sprint made us call in to get the transfer number so then we can port. And when we did at a store the guy tried to talk to me for a half an hour and I was like absolutely not it's too late just give me the damn number.

More
1 year 1 month ago #33519 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Tello Port In Experience

PEW wrote: 5 hr from red pocket, not done yet.

I'm curious about the fate of your port into Tello. Was it successful?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 1 month ago #33521 by PEW
Yes, was completed Monday morning as promised.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 year 1 month ago #33523 by Diedrich_Duo

PEW wrote: Yes, was completed Monday morning as promised.

Thanks for the update and glad everything worked out for you.

As we all know, "YMMV", but I've found Tello's customer service to be outstanding and extremely responsive, whether via chat or phone, and they can send you a transcript of the chat when it's done. IMHO they really have their act together.

I just hope Tello survives the Sprint / T-Mo merger if and when it happens, since the only other (non-Big 4) provider with customer service as good as theirs is Ting, which in my case would be much more expensive.

Thanks again and happy Tello-ing! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Isamorph