Trading Post

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16116 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Trading Post

Legally-Speaking wrote: mmfacemm, there's no mention shipping costs (and method) in your sample listing. Is it included in asking price?

It is just an example but yes forgot about that. I would need to add that to it. Other than that anything else missing? Or changes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Legally-Speaking
  • Legally-Speaking's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 6 months ago #16123 by Legally-Speaking
Replied by Legally-Speaking on topic Trading Post
Since we're brainstorming here, even though it's described as "unlocked" for all networks, do you think it would be helpful to include a statement about the nature of the unlock? E.g., carrier or manufacturer unlocked? Specific to cell phones, do you think a FED status statement would be helpful?

• als
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #16128 by als
Replied by als on topic Trading Post
Can anyone post a latest possible template? Hopefully with check boxes for clarity?
The ideas are all great, some visuals would help.
Thanks

More
1 year 6 months ago #16159 by mmfacemm

Legally-Speaking wrote: Since we're brainstorming here, even though it's described as "unlocked" for all networks, do you think it would be helpful to include a statement about the nature of the unlock? E.g., carrier or manufacturer unlocked? Specific to cell phones, do you think a FED status statement would be helpful?

I guess saying if it is sprint mvno compatible would be useful. The nature of the unlock isn't important for iphones as the end result is the same but probably with android phones it would be since some are software unlocked rather than carrier or manufacturer unlocked. The version of the phone for android is important eg an unlocked sprint G6 is very different to an unlocked tmobile G6 or factory unlocked G6.

More
1 year 6 months ago #16161 by mmfacemm

als wrote: Can anyone post a latest possible template? Hopefully with check boxes for clarity?
The ideas are all great, some visuals would help.
Thanks

Not really a template format but here is an example... www.nthcircle.com/forum/suggestions/979-trading-post?start=30#16097
The following user(s) said Thank You: als

More
1 year 3 months ago #23122 by mmfacemm

hungryghost wrote: Hey everyone. Thanks for the suggestion. I'd be ok with a new for-sale/trading/marketplace category. I'll see about setting that up sometime this week. Also, here are my thoughts on how to manage this new category:

My primary concern is regarding spammers and/or fly-by postings. If/when I do create the new category, there will need to be something like a minimum-rank posting rule (Pigeon rank or higher?). Unfortunately, there's no easy automatic or programmatic way to enforce such a rule, so I'd have to rely on the rest of you to flag any poster who does not comply.

Other than that, I'm not particularly interested in establishing more formal rules for trading. I'd suggest treating these posts the same as you would Craigslist listings. Basically, you're on your own and buyer beware. If the community here would like to establish informal norms, best practices, or posting conventions, that's perfectly fine (and encouraged). But, please don't expect active monitoring (by me) of these kinds of transactions.

Thanks,
hungryghost

Any update on this? Thanks.

More
1 year 1 month ago #25608 by sovashadow
Replied by sovashadow on topic Trading Post

mmfacemm wrote: Any update on this? Thanks.

I would also like to know if there is any chance we will see this soon...

More
1 year 1 month ago #25614 by mmfacemm
Not sure if he has seen this so I sent him an email.

More
1 year 1 month ago #25960 by mmfacemm
Doesn't look like it is happening