Red Pocket Mobile Limited Time Sale

More
1 week 21 hours ago #41959 by KentE
The $30 annual Red Pocket plan is a great deal, but Et-Z needs AT&T or Verizon service, due to odd state regulatory limitations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 21 hours ago - 1 week 21 hours ago #41961 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Thanks Again Isamorph & KentE !!

Our need is only for GSM/AT&T based (zero data use) & the only deal that really is of interest is that 'essentials' one.
We are quite immune to useless upsells for allotments that we do not need & will not use.

RP :
Crank that essentials deal down to $69.99 (from 89.99) again & you have 2 instant sales to start with, for sure.

More
1 week 19 hours ago #41962 by realLexusl21

RedPocketMobile wrote:

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Hrmph.
Doesn't look like RP is doing their "usual" BF deal this year...very disappointing.
(I was going to get 2 this time.)

We're always looking to provide the best plans at competitive prices. Like our 15GB LTE unlimited plan on eBay, check it out for yourself. www.ebay.com/itm/133058338802

Ok how about an extra special discount for users that are currently in a one year plan with redpocket. So an incentive to continue after your one year contract is up .

Also bring back plans that are in between 1gig and 5 gig
ie 3 gig plan
The following user(s) said Thank You: redrotors

More
1 week 9 hours ago #41963 by redrotors
RP has decent (sale/promo) prices on some of the slimmer monthly plans but I'd love to see them offer paygo (a la the old tello rules/rates, or at least 1 year) or one year buckets like TF. For phones used "heavily" but sporadically RP monthly plans with 0 rollover just don't work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
1 week 5 hours ago #41966 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
How very sad.
Looks like no further 'encouragement' from our friendly, helpful RP rep is forthcoming here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
6 days 22 hours ago #41969 by Isamorph

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: How very sad.
Looks like no further 'encouragement' from our friendly, helpful RP rep is forthcoming here.

Just a thought E_Z. I was wondering if you could get by on the linked 100/100/500 RP plan if you could use some of the 500 Mbps for calling with the GV app, which supposedly only uses 0.20 Mbps, give or take, per minute of calling, or 1 Mbp= 5 minutes worth of calls. So 50 Mbps of your 500 Mbps of data would yield 250 minutes worth of calling if my math is correct.

"Calls using data use approximately 0.2MB of data per minute. The exact amount of data you use depends on your carrier’s network quality and speed."
support.google.com/voice/answer/7649189?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

www.ebay.com/itm/4-42-Mo-Red-Pocket-Prepaid-Wireless-Phone-Plan-Kit-100-Talk-100-Text-500MB/133058476404?_trkparms
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, redrotors

More
3 days 18 hours ago #42052 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Thanks for the suggestion Isamorph !!
My situation at present looks likely to have me doing some running around - and given that likely need, the $53 vs. $89 for 5x the allotment may become trivial.

I am just severely disappointed at the non-response (attempted upsell...) by the RP rep here, followed by zilch for 'regular folks' as BF specials.

Sadly, there is really no better deal for cheap voice & SMS only GSM services that I've found or heard of since last year's BF sale that RP had.

Thereby proving that corporations are largely like sharks - all teeth & appetites - but zero brains to speak of & incredibly difficult to kill off - despite how they voluntarily commit suicide when it suits them to do so;
Usually only to reincarnate as multiple, even worse things...!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 days 29 minutes ago #42084 by KentE

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Thanks for the suggestion Isamorph !!
My situation at present looks likely to have me doing some running around - and given that likely need, the $53 vs. $89 for 5x the allotment may become trivial.

That plan is available now at a small discount: $82- still above the last-year price you were hoping to see, though.

www.ebay.com/itm/6-83-Mo-Red-Pocket-Prepaid-Wireless-Phone-Plan-Kit-500-Talk-500-Text-500MB/133051277200?hash=item1efa795f90:m:mTyb-i6gbssX94wz2pzTFhQ

More
3 days 18 minutes ago #42085 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Too funny - thanks for this pointer KentE !!
Eeek-oh-no-my is VERY important in our situation.

I can just picture their management saying...
"Let's throw 'em a bone & take $7 off & see if that gets us more sales !?!"
(Still, $6.83/Month ain't too shabby - but like you said, it still also ain't what they offered before.)

More
3 days 6 minutes ago - 3 days 5 minutes ago #42086 by Isamorph

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Too funny - thanks for this pointer KentE !!
Eeek-oh-no-my is VERY important in our situation.

I can just picture their management saying...
"Let's throw 'em a bone & take $7 off & see if that gets us more sales !?!"
(Still, $6.83/Month ain't too shabby - but like you said, it still also ain't what they offered before.)

Agreed--my impression was RP had heard you and decided to punk you. We need to get Mint mobile's Ryan Reynolds involved.
Attachments: