Sim expiry FYI

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #39973 by mmfacemm
Sim expiry FYI was created by mmfacemm
I had some sims I recieved in 2017 or maybe 2018. I couldn't activate them today and customer service says sims expire after 90 days. They won't send replacements.

Just FYI
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1, tech-stitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #39980 by joeuser
Replied by joeuser on topic Sim expiry FYI
That's not good. I have an annual plan I purchased last year around black Friday. At the time, they had a 1 year rule to activate the plan. But if the sims they sent me expired after 90 days, I'm going to be out of luck when I go to activate the plan.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #39981 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic Sim expiry FYI
Ouch, thanks for the report!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #39982 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Sim expiry FYI

joeuser wrote: That's not good. I have an annual plan I purchased last year around black Friday. At the time, they had a 1 year rule to activate the plan. But if the sims they sent me expired after 90 days, I'm going to be out of luck when I go to activate the plan.

The activation code is definitely good for a year. You'd think the sims were too. Perhaps the 90 day thing was a mistake by the customer service guy (happens a lot with redpocket). Mine were from over a year ago.

The good news is I was told they would send a replacement sim provided you have a valid activation code. I didn't have a code already so that is why they wouldn't send one to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1, tech-stitch

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #39983 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic Sim expiry FYI
Rp told me they would always send another sim

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #39984 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Sim expiry FYI

mmfacemm wrote: I had some sims I recieved in 2017 or maybe 2018. I couldn't activate them today and customer service says sims expire after 90 days. They won't send replacements.

Just FYI

What carrier? T-Mo SIMs usually expire,.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #39986 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Sim expiry FYI

KentE wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: I had some sims I recieved in 2017 or maybe 2018. I couldn't activate them today and customer service says sims expire after 90 days. They won't send replacements.

Just FYI

What carrier? T-Mo SIMs usually expire,.

Both the tmobile and att ones I had did not work. No expiry dates on the sims themselves. They were between 1-2 years old I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE