Annual redpocket plans on super sale - ebay

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #25098 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
The info shared here always amazes me - especially when it is about really good ideas - like getting a VCC from privacy.com...wow.
Thanks for that SuccessOne, a totally new concept to me which may get lots of use over time.
(Now I wonder what other companies may do similar stuff ??)

There are a couple of things that I hope privacy.com will change for the better, soonest;
Right now they only use direct bank funds and need to have the account's login creds - not very comfortable stuff to share IMO.
(I prefer to use Amex for anything I am not 100% sure about because they make things right better than any other CC company.)

As to crocket - whenever the process completes for the VCC I may try it again...one time more - EVEN after they held the funds for a week, which is too long, but 3-4 weeks as Zubrin has suggested ??
No way.
That long of a hold even from a known & reputable company would get a dispute - that is how companies (mis-)use other people's money, and it is just plain wrong.

As for re-trying again & again at over $50 per hit - that ain't happening here, it is too much aggravation & risk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #25134 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Slight update regarding crocket for me...
I took action on the advice to get with privacy.com, processed a 2nd order attempt - and I'm watching results carefully to see how it rolls out.

Given that I did the order during business hours I got a confirmation email quickly as well as a notification from privacy that the VCC was hit for ~$50...but what is cool to me is that it only went that far & did NOT hit the account for the actual funds like it did last time.

OK, now I'm really really REALLY done fooling around with this !!!
The good news is that it did not actually take the $$, just hit the VCC and that reversed harmlessly when they killed off my order AGAIN.

Why this happens over & over - no clue, but also not going to waste my time & life on this foolishness with such a poorly run company anymore...deja vu rp - it has been reborn as an insect.

Anyhow:
Thanks for the helpful suggestions here folks !!

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #25166 by SuccessOne
Another suggestion from people who keep getting their order canceled (from Slickdeal forum):
Quote from bhavkaka
"For people having a problem with credit card information not matching. I tried 3 different credit cards and it never worked for me. This is how I was able to make it work.

I tried this on my AMEX so don't if it would work for others as well.

I tried to change my billing address on my credit card online and it suggested me the zip code with 07070-XXXX (four extra number at the end). It showed me 2 options either accept the address or use the one I provided. I kept the address without the 4 extra numbers and voila it worked.

Have ordered 2 phone without any issue."

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #25205 by SuccessOne
Now that I have spent more time with Stylo 3, I like it even better! Has stylus, can use it even if the phone is locked. The full temper glass screen I bought at Ebay doesn't look good as in the photo. I won't recommend it. P.S. Get a good wallet case for the phone because one drop and you may damage the phone. Good video Youtube tips on phone here:
. P.S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #25219 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I have always favoured LG phones & I think it is delightful that folks are enjoying the Stylo from crocket !!

Regarding the variations in efforts order #1 was with an Amex card & they actually took the funds before cancelling - whether it was a zip+4 thing or not, I won't let them hit that card again.

Failed order the 2nd was with a privacy.com card - which they pinged without taking funds - then cancelled.
All the details matched PERFECTLY, and since that card doesn't care about the address, which is the same address amazon uses constantly to get stuff to us - this was a crocket problem ONLY.
(Could be they literally don't like our zipcode too, service coverage wise...even though it looks OK.)

All that being said, if someone here wants to pick up a little extra on the side by ordering a Stylo for me with some sort of porting to get the total $50 price, I'll be delighted to sweeten the deal a bit just to get one, but after the consistent failures I'm done trying to get the square peg into the round slot on this one !!

Best Wishes to All.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #25220 by Zubrin
For $60 including unlocking and shipping I can help you to get one. I had much higher successful rate of ordering phones if I use “add a line” within an existing Cricket account.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, mmfacemm, SuccessOne

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #25321 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I almost fell out of my chair tonight when crocket emailed me !!!

It said=>

Thanks for your recent purchase
Thank you for shopping with us!
We hope you'll write about your Stylo 3 Grey while it's still fresh on your mind.
Thanks again,
Cricket Wireless

Here is what I wrote - knowing it will never be seen by the public:

I must say that this LOOKS like a terrific phone & deal & that I wanted to get one very much.
1st attempt, they took my funds - canceled my order the next day for no good reason, then held my funds for a week.
2nd attempt, they hit the CC without taking the actual funds, THEN canceled again.
Conclusion:
This is a great deal from a terrible, badly run company & I bet this review either does not ever show or lasts about 3 seconds before it is censored out of existence.

Which of course said this right after:

Your review is being moderated and may take up to a few days to appear.

Too funny - like a huge dinosaur that only feels the bite at its tail minutes later - too insensitive to even imagine.

Makes me wonder though...
If folks see a red flag when any item totally lacks for any negative reviews ??

Updating in sheer amazement !!:
My review -looks- like it went live...wow.

Also, the Stylo 3 now shows '$79.99 with number transfer' so I guess that promo has ended.