Annual redpocket plans on super sale - ebay

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #24818 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
OK, time for a 3-in-1 reply here...

@SuccessOne:
Thanks for that idea, but as I said - unless I can just walk into a store - buy & walk out with a crocket phone - I am 100% done with that evil corpy otherwise.

Hi KentE, and thanks !!
As it happens, ye olde Blu is staying right here so it can be 100% powered 24/7 & I'll maybe get my money's worth out of it over time - it has been a real disappointment to use when out & about, that's for sure - as it is finicky & eats its battery in no time flat.

@Freeform:
Being a long-time LG phone fan as well as one who insists upon de-krapifying all tech gear in my uses - rooting is a very normal part of that process - and I've modded the phone you mentioned as well as other LGs.

Please note=>
Kingo/kingroot install Chinese krapware in place of the genuine superuser app & other stuff - and their krap is NOT easy to clean out - so I usually avoid those options UNLESS it is the only option.

Towelroot is usually very good and even easier to use - and I recommend it instead, especially for older LG phones - it is even faster than kingo and without the resulting mess.

CNET did a very bad thing if they failed to mention the side-effects of using those 'tools' !!

The main goal of rooting is to be able to remove junk that is just like what kingo dumps in MORE of, and their stuff is also protected such that it takes another paid app (which does not work 100%) to get rid of their junk - so I say phooey - best avoided, if possible.

Best Wishes to All.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, 112059, SuccessOne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #24886 by 112059
This might be the plan alot of us low use customers have been looking for and then continue paying (or prepay) for it using CN gold. Less than $5 per month for a low use phone plan ain't too bad.

www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-360-Day-Prepaid-Wireless-Phone-Plan-Basic-No-Contract-SIM-Kit-Inc/132288143818?hash=item1eccfce1ca:g:XjAAAOSw2xlanW3Y:sc:USPSFirstClass!40214!US!-1

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #24888 by Mark

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: OK, time for a 3-in-1 reply here...

@SuccessOne:
Thanks for that idea, but as I said - unless I can just walk into a store - buy & walk out with a crocket phone - I am 100% done with that evil corpy otherwise.

Hi KentE, and thanks !!
As it happens, ye olde Blu is staying right here so it can be 100% powered 24/7 & I'll maybe get my money's worth out of it over time - it has been a real disappointment to use when out & about, that's for sure - as it is finicky & eats its battery in no time flat.

@Freeform:
Being a long-time LG phone fan as well as one who insists upon de-krapifying all tech gear in my uses - rooting is a very normal part of that process - and I've modded the phone you mentioned as well as other LGs.

Please note=>
Kingo/kingroot install Chinese krapware in place of the genuine superuser app & other stuff - and their krap is NOT easy to clean out - so I usually avoid those options UNLESS it is the only option.

Towelroot is usually very good and even easier to use - and I recommend it instead, especially for older LG phones - it is even faster than kingo and without the resulting mess.

CNET did a very bad thing if they failed to mention the side-effects of using those 'tools' !!

The main goal of rooting is to be able to remove junk that is just like what kingo dumps in MORE of, and their stuff is also protected such that it takes another paid app (which does not work 100%) to get rid of their junk - so I say phooey - best avoided, if possible.

Best Wishes to All.

Many evil and rotten companies out there.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #24963 by SuccessOne
Update on which phone is better. LG Stylo 3 or Samsung Halo. My choice surprisingly would be LG Stylo 3! It's bigger, has finger scanner which Halo doesn't. Unlocking through finger scanner is faster and more convenient than entering codes. Watching youtube on Stylo 3 is more enjoyable and the screen looks surprisingly very good for a low to mid-price smartphones. Even has a blue light filter built into the setting. The Halo you have to install a third-party app to do so. Final point, unlocking Stylo is only less than $2.00 versus Halo around $20.

For some reasons, my second order for the Samsung Halo was canceled even though I used the same information and payment method as my first order. No problem, just reordered using a different credit card and the order went through. When they send you the email that your order has been shipped, you should receive it next day as they FedEx to you.

P.S. Ditch the boring standard wallpapers most phones have on, go to wallpapers13.com and download some cool wallpapers for your phone. Which resolution to download is depending on your phone. For example, LG Stylo 3 has a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920. Google it if you don't know your phone resultion.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #24964 by KentE
SuccessOne,: Thanks for the mini-review of the Stylo 3 ! Was this comparison done after you had both the Stylo 3 and the Halo in hand?

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #24965 by SuccessOne
KentE: Yes, received two phones already. Also I feel LG 3 is thinner and lighter too. One thing I would improve the design of the Stylo 3 though is to continue the color to the front too. I bought "rose gold" LG 3, the color is rose gold on the back but black in the front, leaving it somewhat unfinished look. No problem. I bought a full temper glass cover to make it look more polished. www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Coverage-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Silver-for-LG-LS777-Stylo-3-LG-Stylo-3-Plus/401309866116?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 . Haven't receive the temper glass protector so can't say how good it is. Avoid the plastic screen protector though. They bubbles like crazy, very hard to put on and even harder to position it in correctly...So stay away from the plastic screen protector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #25044 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I posted here that the cricket deal struck me JUST like what happened with the old rp...and that has been affirmed solidly.
The order which was placed a week ago - and cancelled the next day - took the funds, and has not returned them.
Now, a week later - there is still an over $50 hit on that card.
I am checking daily to see when it may reverse - but a week is already too long for an involuntarily cancelled order !!

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #25047 by Zubrin
Don’t give up. Try again. ZTE Blade X Max is a real bargain for $19 Phone + $30 Plan + $2 unlocking. Here are a few tricks you could try. 1. Verifying your information in your credit account, and changing all entries to UPPER case letters.
2. Your billing address must be the exact match of your credit card registered address (in Upper case if possible).
3. Let one of your friends to order for you. Porting information only needs account number/PIN and possibly last 4 digits of social if it is from big 4.
4. If you know someone who is an admin of a 4 line group, using add a line in the account to order the phone.
Cricket may hold your funds for 3-4 weeks before they can issue a refund after your order is cancelled. Be patient,
I know a few people have tried up to 4 times to get their phones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #25050 by mmfacemm
Back tomorrow 15% off everything. $25 min. spend $50 is the max discount.
PSPRINGTIME
www.ebay.com/springsavings

9:00 AM PST March 20, 2018 until 7:00 PM PST on March 20, 2018

Redpocket plans are back to their regular price so not that good a deal even after 15% off but the coupon is available for pretty much anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuccessOne

More
2 years 1 week ago #25095 by SuccessOne
Great advice from poster VictorP3901on SlickDeal for people who keep getting their orders canceled by Cricket.

"Hey!! I had the same issue for 1 month, I tried everything, I had my line transfering from MetroPCS to Cricket and got cancelled orders, bought a T-Mobile number from the eBay seller and did not work neither, so I contacted Cricket like 5 times and there was one where they made a "ticket" and they told me they will call me again in 3 days, they called me back and told me it was an issue from T-Mobile because they were not authorizing the port, so I contacted the eBay seller and he gave me another number for free, I tried with that number and worked at the first try.

Also, I would recommend you to make a privacy.com account, where you can setup credit cards for an specific merchant. I did that because Cricket's system blocked my 3 differents credit cards, caused by the high number of cancelled orders. The privacy.com cards will lock to Cricket once you place your order there, and the best part is that you can put any address for billing, so there will not be problems, believe me. Today, I successfully got my order shipped, so, I just recommend you to do what I did, so I am pretty sure you will get your order shipped. Good luck!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist