How Do You Organize Your Home Screen?

• als
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #41706 by als
Sorry; I'm veering off topic; but since the experts are present ; I have been stymied at every turn trying to take a screenshot with my moto g4:( . Not a darn thing happens when I hold down the power and volume down buttons at the same time. What am I missing please? I've been booted into safe reconfigure, do you wish a factory reset mode a couple of times already when I have held both buttons down for too long. YIKES!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #41707 by Isamorph

als wrote: Sorry; I'm veering off topic; but since the experts are present ; I have been stymied at every turn trying to take a screenshot with my moto g4:( . Not a darn thing happens when I hold down the power and volume down buttons at the same time. What am I missing please? I've been booted into safe reconfigure, do you wish a factory reset mode a couple of times already when I have held both buttons down for too long. YIKES!

You probably already know this:

"To take screenshot on Moto G, you can simply press and hold both the Power and Volume down key for about three seconds. You will hear the camera shutter click. Then, the screenshot is saved into your Gallery.

The trick is to press and hold the two buttons (see Moto G layout here) simultaneously.

If you press power button too early, you will get power options.

If you press power button too late, you will get volume options."

The simultaneous part is the hard part, I guess, but why?

allaboutmotog.com/moto-g-how-to-guide/how-to-take-screenshot-on-moto-g-without-using-apps/

EDIT: Another way is to press and hold the home button on your screen until the Google assistant pops up and then say or speak "take a screenshot" and it should do so like it did on my Moto phone. You'll have to look in your photo albums to find the screenshot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, als, Diedrich_Duo

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #41709 by Diedrich_Duo
@als, I do believe that @Isamorph is correct that the key to success is to be sure the "power" and "volume down" buttons are pressed down simultaneously, not one after the other, and held down for exactly the same amount of time until you hear the little "click" and see the photo whisk itself away and turn into a notification icon on the upper left corner of your screen. I, too, had a heckuva time getting this right when I first got my G4, but with plenty of trial and error (mostly error at first) and some practice, I got the hang of it.

Good luck -- and please post a screen shot soon! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Isamorph