FreeMii

More
1 year 1 week ago #91 by Scrubulum
Replied by Scrubulum on topic FreeMii
Well I gave it 24 hours and I haven't been activated yet. Porting number from AT&T prepaid. I really wish there was some kind of account to log into or something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #92 by Scrubulum

Not sure what you mean by activation letter and activation number neither of which I received with mailed sim package. The letter I received just provided the number to contact and talk with David Barkley who said he would like feedback and could also guide you through the activation process. The sim cardholder that also came in the mail said to visit 1.FreeMii.com/Activate 2. Complete Activation Steps 3. Restart Device 4. Confirm Activation

I, too, got the 404 error just now, but was able to get to freemii.com without problem, where the activation page can be found. EDIT: I tried going to the activation site from the FreeMii website and no dice. Hope they aren't going out of business already and, if so, I hope Paypal will reimburse me.

Well the letter that came with the sim , as you pointed out, says to call David to be guided through the activation process so I called the letter an "activation letter" and David's number the "activation number". I apologize if this was misleading or confusing. I have tried calling that number several times now and it always just goes to a full mailbox so it isn't a very helpful number. Providing a number that is basically out of service is kind of poor, in my opinion. The only reason that I tried to call is I couldn't any activation link from their website. The link from the customer support site is till wrong. Would think they would want to correct that quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 year 1 week ago #93 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
Did You activate red or pink. Aka red=Verizon pink=T-Mobile They take 3 days to a week to activate Blue= AT&T that should be sooner like 15 min to 1 hr I would email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and tell them your activation issues

More
1 year 1 week ago #94 by Scrubulum

Did You activate red or pink. Aka red=Verizon pink=T-Mobile They take 3 days to a week to activate Blue= AT&T that should be sooner like 15 min to 1 hr I would email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and tell them your activation issues

Blue. I thought maybe the port would make it take longer than normal, but was expecting something today. I have messaged CS and emailed.

More
1 year 1 week ago #95 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
You should’ve been activated already. They do take too long to respond to messages and emails I’d send another message in a day or 2 if no response

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #96 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii

Not sure what you mean by activation letter and activation number neither of which I received with mailed sim package. The letter I received just provided the number to contact and talk with David Barkley who said he would like feedback and could also guide you through the activation process. The sim cardholder that also came in the mail said to visit 1.FreeMii.com/Activate 2. Complete Activation Steps 3. Restart Device 4. Confirm Activation

I, too, got the 404 error just now, but was able to get to freemii.com without problem, where the activation page can be found. EDIT: I tried going to the activation site from the FreeMii website and no dice. Hope they aren't going out of business already and, if so, I hope Paypal will reimburse me.

Well the letter that came with the sim , as you pointed out, says to call David to be guided through the activation process so I called the letter an "activation letter" and David's number the "activation number". I apologize if this was misleading or confusing. I have tried calling that number several times now and it always just goes to a full mailbox so it isn't a very helpful number. Providing a number that is basically out of service is kind of poor, in my opinion. The only reason that I tried to call is I couldn't any activation link from their website. The link from the customer support site is till wrong. Would think they would want to correct that quickly.

I just loaded freemii.com/activate and see the screenshot below. Should be able to put in your email address you ordered with and then put in the sim number and IMEI number. Then you are asked whether you want to keep your phone number or get a new one, I believe.

freemii.com/activate

Attachments:

More
1 year 1 week ago #97 by Scrubulum

I just loaded freemii.com/activate and see the screenshot below. Should be able to put in your email address you ordered with and then put in the sim number and IMEI number. Then you are asked whether you want to keep your phone number or get a new one, I believe.

freemii.com/activate

Thanks. I didn't that all yesterday afternoon and got the response that it would take up to 24 hours to activate. Past that now, so that is why I'm contacting customer service but it is after hours now so I will have to wait for tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 year 1 week ago #98 by tim661taft
Replied by tim661taft on topic FreeMii
sblake5 When you were waiting for your verizon SIM to activate. Do you remember if your phone had 1x next to the signal bars? or did it Have 4G LTE icon? Mine shows 1x next to the signal bars

More
1 year 1 week ago #99 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii

sblake5 When you were waiting for your verizon SIM to activate. Do you remember if your phone had 1x next to the signal bars? or did it Have 4G LTE icon? Mine shows 1x next to the signal bars

I never noticed a 1x but my phone didn't show a phone number in 'about phone' until the activation was completed.

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #100 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii

It likely just means that ou are not yet connected to the Verizon LTE network.

"1X or 1xRTT is the slowest and oldest cellular technology used by Verizon Wireless. It basically means the phone isn't connected to the LTE or 3G network."

community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Re-What-does-the-1x-mean-beside-the-service-bars/td-p/1089756#:~:text