FreeMii

More
1 year 3 months ago #51 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeMii
Thanks, @KentE.

I noticed prepaidcompare.net lists info including APN for various MVNOs.

One piece of info is "MMS supported on iOS?" - Yes or No.

Boom Mobile Blue Profile
prepaidcompare.net/profiles/boom-mobile-blue.html

Pix Wireless Emerald Profile
prepaidcompare.net/profiles/pix-wireless-emerald.html

Wing Alpha GSM Profile
prepaidcompare.net/profiles/wing-alpha-gsm.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #52 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii
Has anyone ordered their Verizon based service?

More
1 year 3 months ago #53 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeMii

Across several forums, it appears several have ordered it. I haven't found a report from someone who received it. (They received AT&T instead.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, sblake5

More
1 year 3 months ago #54 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii
After doing a little research on David Barkley, the founder of FreeMii, I decided to give it a go and ordered the AT&T sim with a guaranteed delivery date of Sept. 7th. From what I can tell, Barkley seems well-intentioned in his effort to start a successful company, though whether he succeeds is another matter, and it could be a scam. But as others have mentioned, if things go well for 6 months or a year, one will have gotten their money's worth. On a reddit post, Barkley was scoffed at some when he mentioned he had created a technology that allowed FreeMii to operate the way it does. Yet I don't think he could say more about that technology, if unique, without revealing and losing his intellectual property rights since whatever is revealed about trade secretes or how something works, sans a patent, becomes public knowledge. Anyway, the future is hard to predict and let's hope FreeMii succeeds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sblake5

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #55 by sblake5
I asked for T-Mobile but they sent me AT&T which is fine for the device I'm using it in. I had issues with the device and through a few emails, texts, and phone conversations with David Barkley himself, we got it worked out and the service is up and running. In the future, I'd like to get a Verizon based one if this one works out in the long run.

More
1 year 3 months ago #56 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeMii

Across several forums, it appears several have ordered it. I haven't found a report from someone who received it. (They received AT&T instead.)

Kills it for me if all they will send is att sims. If anyone hears of them sending out the others do let us know!

More
1 year 3 months ago #57 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
I read on the customer support page that both T mobile and Verizon are in beta If some one succeeds in getting one of these branded sims it would take up to 72 hours to activate. So at this point I’ll wait to Verizon brand is out of beta before shelling out another 180.00 all the costs to set this up. I currently have the AT&T branded sim active.

More
1 year 3 months ago #58 by Isamorph

Lets hope that people do not abuse the service. I use very little talk and text and about 1Gig of data per month. I have Xfinity internet, voice and wi-fi that I use at home.

Good point. I think FreeMii is well advised to avoid or limit hotspot usage for now since there are always some users, if permitted, who would consume 100 GB or more a month, which is expensive and likely why even the big 3 carriers limit hotspot usage on their top tier unlimited plans. It would be nice if FreeMii could provide a few GBS of monthly hotspot data per account in the future in addition to the data only plan it said was in the works. Of course, as you mentioned, even without a hotspot feature some people will still consume a lot of data on individual phones, but on the whole probably not as much as they would if generous hotspot usage were allowed.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #59 by sblake5

I contacted them about this and here is the exchange:

#367 Red network sim card

Stephen Blakeney, reported 4 hours ago
As of yet, I have not heard of anyone who has activated FreeMii service on the Verizon network. Nor the T Mobile network for that matter. Only on AT&T. This is from the forums I have read on various sites. Would it be possible to order an Verizon sim card and pay during the activation process?

msimon, said 3 hours ago
Hi Stephen​,
Thank you for contacting us and sharing your insight with us.

It is possible to order a Red Network or Pink Network SIM card, the activation process is slightly different from that of AT&T. All payments are due at the time of placing an order.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to visit support.freemii.com, or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best regards,
FreeMii Customer Care Team

Here to help!

Stephen Blakeney, said 2 hours ago
I have heard of instances when a red sim was ordered but a blue on was sent. I don't want to go through that.

msimon, said an hour ago
We've listened to our customers and we've been working on improving our system and service. What you mention was an issue before and during upgrade of our order software.

FreeMii Customer Care Team

Here to help!

Stephen Blakeney, said an hour ago
So, if I order a Red network sim, that is what I will actually receive?

msimon, said 28 minutes ago
Yes, that's correct. If you'll order a Red network SIM, that is what you will actually receive.

Stephen Blakeney, said 19 minutes ago
I will take your word and order one. Thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
1 year 3 months ago #60 by Isamorph
Let's hope it was an error in FreeMii's ordering software, but it seems odd that they wouldn't have been aware of the possible glitch before now with all recent customer orders and activations being on the AT&T network. Yet maybe it escaped their notice since they may have only a handful of customers at this juncture.