FreeMii

More
1 year 1 month ago #41 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeMii

Talk + Text
Get SMS, MMS, and voice unlimited every month nationwide

I copied this from freemii website

MMS is definitely included with the FreeMii service. The question I have pertains to whether an iPhone with FreeMii Blue (AT&T) SIM can send/receive MMS. MMS has been an issue with iPhones on certain AT&T MVNOs in the past.

This is a good question that I keep forgetting about, since I don't own an iPhone. Apparently, the provisioning for MMS is controlled by Apple, and frequently denied to providers. I've seen it attributed to additional fees that would have to be paid to Apple, or to a requirement that the provider sells iPhones to customers. (Red Pocket AT&T's introduction of iPhone MMS coincided with when they started selling iPhones.) I don't understand why the issue exists only with AT&T providers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #42 by scriptninja
Replied by scriptninja on topic FreeMii

I just sent a picture from Google Voice to my new FreeMii number and sent a different one back and it worked. Not an iMessage.

Edit: I also sent one to my TextNow number before that, but it took so long to get there I did the above before it showed up.

Has anyone gotten a network other than blue? I asked for red, probably should have asked for pink, but they sent blue. I have a support request in to find out what's up; at least one person on Fecebook seems to have reported the same. I am kind of inclined to run this alongside FreeUp and sell my Tracfone Verizon sim...right now I'm running it with the Tracfone sim instead.

@scriptninja Are you using an iPhone with your FreeMii Blue SIM?

ETA: The MMS issue I am curious about is specific to iPhones and AT&T MVNOs without official iPhone carrier bundles.

Sorry, I missed that nuance in the process of skimming the thread, because the only way I'm ever likely to own or use an Apple mobile device is if it is issued by an employer with no alternative. No, my experiment was with a Xiaomi Mi Mix 3.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #43 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
Sorry for the late reply. MMS and picture messaging does work on the iPhone.

For a quicker reply in the future, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks for the question!

Regards,
Bryan
This came from freemii tech support
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #44 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic FreeMii
Any one tried red or pink yet?

Might give it a go. If it lasts 6 months the rest would be gravy.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #45 by echance20
The red and pink is in beta takes up to 72 hours from the time you activate on freemii activation page

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #46 by scriptninja
I ordered red, was delivered blue, have a question in to support about whether that was a mistake or only blue is available. And I probably should have gone for pink, because to activate a red I would probably have to tell them an IMEI that is not for the device I actually have. Either that or just stick with blue and not sell my Tracfone sim.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #47 by echance20
Is your phone unlocked to any carrier?
Is your tracfone sim Verizon branded?

Contact freemii customer support and ask if you can exchange your blue for red. Let them know you received the wrong sim

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #48 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeMii

For a quicker reply in the future, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks for the question!

Regards,
Bryan

Thanks.

According to the following URL, the APN/MMS settings are apparently the same as AT&T postpaid/prepaid: support.freemii.com/support/solutions/articles/65000165317-apn-set-up-blue-network-iphone-ios

I have not seen this before with an AT&T MVNO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #49 by scriptninja

Is your phone unlocked to any carrier?
Is your tracfone sim Verizon branded?

Contact freemii customer support and ask if you can exchange your blue for red. Let them know you received the wrong sim

Phone is unlocked, but not on Verizon's blessed list. Tracfone sim is Verizon network, but was activated using a borrowed iPhone. Support inquiry was placed on the 18th.

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #50 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeMii

Thanks for the question!

Regards,
Bryan

Thanks.

According to the following URL, the APN/MMS settings are apparently the same as AT&T postpaid/prepaid: support.freemii.com/support/solutions/articles/65000165317-apn-set-up-blue-network-iphone-ios

I have not seen this before with an AT&T MVNO.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had recognized that it was an AT&T APN, instead of the international WORLDSIM APN that was previously listed on the FreeMii site.

I did spot a couple of others using NXTGENPHONE: Boom blue, and Pix Wireless. Boom has advised that they're buying Postpaid data at wholesale rates, so perhaps this is a confirmation of that. Pix, however, is a surprise. I think Wing Alpha previously used the NXTGENPHONE, as well, but I think that's changed now.