FreeMii

More
1 year 3 months ago #31 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
Hi Pretzel I have the freemii service as well the sim is registered to my iPhone 8 the service is on AT&T I got an assign number. The only draw back is if you wanted to change or port in a number on your existing phone with freemii you will have to replace sim the replacement charge is 45.00 including the 20.00 activation fee 25.00 for the sim This also goes for swapping phones according to freemii TOS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #32 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeMii

I wil soonl try send/receive mms will update result

Are you able to send/receive MMS on your iPhone with FreeMii AT&T SIM?

More
1 year 3 months ago #33 by echance20
Great Question. I haven’t yet tried the mms on the iPhone I will update when I I try this soon

More
1 year 3 months ago #34 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii
Just signed up this morning. Guaranteed delivery date is 9/8. I'll let you know how it works for me when I receive the sim kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
1 year 3 months ago #35 by echance20
Update. At this time I’m unable to test the mms or picture mail as my iPhone sends and receive picture mail or mms via iMessage

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #36 by st3fx

Update. At this time I’m unable to test the mms or picture mail as my iPhone sends and receive picture mail or mms via iMessage

iMessage is exclusive to iOS devices. If you know someone who doesn't have an iOS device (eg; Android), try sending a photo to them. Or you can temporarily turn OFF iMessage in Settings->Messages. You can also send a photo to a Google Voice#, which should be delivered as MMS.

ETA: Or ask your Android friend to send an MMS to your iPhone.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #37 by scriptninja
Replied by scriptninja on topic FreeMii
I just sent a picture from Google Voice to my new FreeMii number and sent a different one back and it worked. Not an iMessage.

Edit: I also sent one to my TextNow number before that, but it took so long to get there I did the above before it showed up.

Has anyone gotten a network other than blue? I asked for red, probably should have asked for pink, but they sent blue. I have a support request in to find out what's up; at least one person on Fecebook seems to have reported the same. I am kind of inclined to run this alongside FreeUp and sell my Tracfone Verizon sim...right now I'm running it with the Tracfone sim instead.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #38 by st3fx

I just sent a picture from Google Voice to my new FreeMii number and sent a different one back and it worked. Not an iMessage.

Edit: I also sent one to my TextNow number before that, but it took so long to get there I did the above before it showed up.

Has anyone gotten a network other than blue? I asked for red, probably should have asked for pink, but they sent blue. I have a support request in to find out what's up; at least one person on Fecebook seems to have reported the same. I am kind of inclined to run this alongside FreeUp and sell my Tracfone Verizon sim...right now I'm running it with the Tracfone sim instead.

@scriptninja Are you using an iPhone with your FreeMii Blue SIM?

ETA: The MMS issue I am curious about is specific to iPhones and AT&T MVNOs without official iPhone carrier bundles.

More
1 year 3 months ago #39 by echance20
Talk + Text
Get SMS, MMS, and voice unlimited every month nationwide

I copied this from freemii website

More
1 year 3 months ago #40 by st3fx

Talk + Text
Get SMS, MMS, and voice unlimited every month nationwide

I copied this from freemii website

MMS is definitely included with the FreeMii service. The question I have pertains to whether an iPhone with FreeMii Blue (AT&T) SIM can send/receive MMS. MMS has been an issue with iPhones on certain AT&T MVNOs in the past.