FreeMii

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #47527 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
I have 1 iPhone 8 and 1 iPhone XS both on iOS 13 I don’t see the apn settings cellular network

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #47528 by rolandh
Replied by rolandh on topic FreeMii
It's Settings, then Cellular, then Cellular Data Network on my iPhone XR on iOS 13.
Attachments:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #47530 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii
Seems to be carrier dependent---that is, carrier must allow the settings to be visible.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201699
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #47533 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FreeMii

Isamorph wrote: Seems to be carrier dependent---that is, carrier must allow the settings to be visible.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201699

Yes, exactly this. APN settings hidden in AT&T iPhone carrier bundle. In fact, without an official MVNO iPhone carrier bundle, MMS may not work without jailbreaking.

@echance20 Can you send/receive MMS (not to be confused with iMessage)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #47564 by echance20
I wil soonl try send/receive mms will update result
The following user(s) said Thank You: als

More
1 month 6 days ago #47767 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii
Somewhere I read that the issued phone number is only valid for 60 days and at that point you have to ask for a new one? Is that true?

More
1 month 6 days ago #47768 by echance20
Never heard of that. If you were to change or port your number on existing freemii account you will need to replace sim. Sim cost 25.00 to replace and another 20.00 to activate.

More
1 month 6 days ago #47770 by Pretzel
Replied by Pretzel on topic FreeMii
I have read all the terms , restrictions and disclosures and have not read anywhere about phone number being valid for 60 days and getting a new number.

More
1 month 6 days ago - 1 month 6 days ago #47771 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii
It was from a post on Facebook. I just received confirmation that it is NOT the case:

Quote from FreeMii:

"Thanks for reaching out. This is incorrect. All new numbers are by FreeMii supported carriers and are valid for the life of the membership.
If you’ve read this in our site, please let us know where and we’ll update the language."

More
1 month 6 days ago #47772 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii

echance20 wrote: Hello KentE:
I am pretty Ballsy for trying this freemii service out. Activated the sim on August 12. So far as I can it it’s pretty good I tried the speed test in my iPhone 8 and up speed is about 40 MB’s up and slow barley 1.5 MB’s down. The calls and text is great I was able to move the sim from iPhone 8 to iPhone XS no problems it works in both devices. The phones display AT&T LTE as if the sim was a AT&T sim.
As far as the apn name and apn network setting goes I don’t know that yet since I can’t see these settings in iPhone 8 or XS.
I will try the sim in my AT&T netgear aircard in a few days and set the apn and network settings. I will update You on here. Oh yea the customer support team are really good at responding to emails in a timely matter. Ordering the sim takes 3-5 days in the mail.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if re speeds you meant to say 40 MB's down and 1.5 MBs up, for I think it's usually the case that download speeds are much faster than upload speed, though not always? Anyway, a 1.5 MB download speed doesn't sound impressive.