FreeMii

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48433 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic FreeMii
Thank you tim661taft:
We’re you able to get a phone number where you live? Or did you port in a number?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48435 by tim661taft
Replied by tim661taft on topic FreeMii
No they sent me a sim that did not work with my Galaxy S9+ SM-G965U. They are currently going to send me a pre activated sim for my phone according to customer support. I'm just waiting for that. I will keep you all updated. I did not choose to port my old number.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48438 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii

echance20 wrote: When activating the vzw or red sim do you get to pick area code and zip code or do you pick one or the other?

Thank you

There is an option to pick the area code. You give them your zip code when you place the order but I don't think that it's considered for assigning a phone number.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48439 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic FreeMii

tim661taft wrote: No they sent me a sim that did not work with my Galaxy S9+ SM-G965U. They are currently going to send me a pre activated sim for my phone according to customer support. I'm just waiting for that. I will keep you all updated. I did not choose to port my old number.

tim661taft, if you still have the first SIM FreeMii sent, could you look at the ICCID (SIM card #), and report the first 6 digits here? (The first 6 digits should provide some information about the network provider, but nothing about the individual SIM card identity.) And perhaps if there is any logo or name on the SIM itself other than FreeMii?

I'm curious about it being the 'wrong SIM' for your s9+. As a general rule, I didn't think Verizon discriminated at all for the SIM card type used in different phones. The first digits would show if FreeMi simply sent you a SIM for the wrong network.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #48440 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic FreeMii
It's actually the first 5 for network identity.

89148 - Verizon
89011 - Sprint
89012 - T Mobile
89014 - AT&T

The only one that 'discriminates' is Sprint in that they have several different sim cards to select from depending on the phone you're using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #48443 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii
The "1X or 1xRTT" that tim661taft mentioned showed up on the status bar of his phone would seem to indicate it was a Verizon Sim, but it must have been defective in some way or was somehow borked in the activation process.

community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Re-What-does-the-1x-mean-beside-the-service-bars/td-p/1089756#:~:text

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48446 by Scrubulum
Replied by Scrubulum on topic FreeMii

Isamorph wrote: I was wondering if @scrubulum's got port went through and is now activated, and also wondered if @tim66taft is activated on Verizon sim.

Nope, still not activated. Was told the port was tricky and required hand holding and was told it should go through last weekend, but hasn't yet. Last time I contacted customer service I was told that they had a lot of activations so things were taking longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48447 by Scrubulum
Replied by Scrubulum on topic FreeMii
Latest from CS "I understand that you would like to be able to use your SIM card, and I apologize for the delay. We've been working with the network provider on the activation. If you prefer, you can request a refund on your membership fee."

My current provider is AT&T prepaid. They aren't exactly a fringe provider.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #48448 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic FreeMii
Looks as if FreeMii is having serious trouble with Verizon activations, which may explain why most people were getting AT&T sims. Maybe FreeMii's relationship with Verizon is a money losing one, unlike, perhaps, its relationship with AT&T. Yet FreeMii did say activation of Verizon sims was in beta, which means there might be problems. At least FreeMii offered a refund without being asked. I'm still wondering what FreeMii's secret sauce is.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #48449 by tim661taft
Replied by tim661taft on topic FreeMii
The SIM they first sent me is a verizon SIM ICCID 8914 8000 . I have a feeling that SIM is not compatible with my phone cause it shows 1x next to the signal bars. However for shits n giggles I inserted an old un activated verizon SIM into my phone and it showed 4g LTE. SO I have high hopes that the next verizon SIM they are sending me will work.