Venn Mobile going bust

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 1 day ago #46686 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Venn Mobile going bust
Well, Visible @ 4 lines for $100 is what many other post paid carriers offer on promo, so I am not sure that would be unsustainable, esp with cost/price of bandwidth continually going down...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #46687 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Venn Mobile going bust

KentE wrote:

PEW wrote: Well, which others discussed on this forum, do you feel are unsustainable? The rep from Ting defends their rates and I guess would be sustainable.

I'll take a swipe at that one-- Visible is unsustainable at party-pay pricing. The only reason I can see for that rate is that it's still in beta & has the potential of significant issues that would drive folks away if they were paying closer to market price.

So, for those who long for Visible to get all the kinks ironed out & to become as reliable & easy as Verizon Postpaid/prepaid, be careful what you wish for. When that happens, there's no reason for bargain-basement pricing.

I think that Visible pricing isn't as far off market pricing as you think.

With no telephone support or brick and mortar stores their break-even is a lot lower than most of their competitors.

More
1 week 1 day ago #46699 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Venn Mobile going bust
Granted that there are multi-line discounts available to match Visible's price: And granted that their customer service overhead is low.

But, if I look at PrepaidCompare.net, the only other single-line, by-the-month unlimited high-speed plans that are less than twice Visible's Party-Pay price are Venn Mobile and Teltik (not a good argument for sustainable pricing there, right now), and Sprint's Kickstart.

Don't get me wrong-- I don't think Visible is at any risk of being unsustainable because of their pricing. I think their party-pay pricing is at risk of being unsustainable if they fix some of the vexing issues with service.

More
1 week 14 hours ago #46713 by LiterallyUnlimited
Visible is a flanker, though. They don't technically need to be profitable at any cost, because they effectively don't pay network costs. Who would Verizon pay them to, themselves?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 11 hours ago #46715 by PEW
Agreed, the network is a sunk cost and marginal cost is almost zero. I guess it's like Sprint Kickstart where they would throttle you during congestion periods.

More
6 days 14 hours ago - 6 days 14 hours ago #46749 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Venn Mobile going bust
Looks like Bluegreen mobile is out (scroll down to 6/26/2020).
www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1880176-SMARTEL-is-now-BLUEGREEN-MOBILE/page47

IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of July 1, 2020, Bluegreen Mobile will be discontinuing our partnership with T-Mobile, and therefore will no longer be able to provide cellular service to our current customers. To avoid any interruption in your cellular service and to keep your current mobile number you MUST port your phone number to another mobile carrier by June 30, 2020. To do so, you will need to provide the new carrier with the following information: Current Phone number, Account Number, and PIN number which will be provided to you below. If you have prepaid for service past June 30, 2020 we will be issuing you a refund within the next 30 days.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 days 16 hours ago - 2 days 16 hours ago #46838 by PEW
Wonder if Bluegreen would move to AT&T. That was the case with Freedompop several years ago.

Also, looks like Bluegreen had a unstable past.

bestmvno.com/bluegreen-mobile/smartel-is-now-blue-green-mobile/

More
2 days 15 hours ago #46840 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Venn Mobile going bust
I think Bluegreen has been on life support for some time.

Wing Alpha, another reseller, seems to be having issues in a quieter, more planned, way. Users have reported that their customers are being issued Net10 (Tracfone Group) SIM cards, and that they don't appear to be postpaid-equivalent plans anymore. (To be more precise, the SIMs may be from ClearWire, another Tracfone subsidiary aimed at business users.)

Whether or not Venn is failing because of not being able to pay for service, it kind of looks like a wide swath of business-plan resellers are going away. Perhaps there is more to this, as LiterallyUnlimited wondered.

More
2 days 12 hours ago - 2 days 12 hours ago #46844 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Venn Mobile going bust
Seems to be tmobile have shaken up its dealings and decided it doesn't want to deal with businesses like teltik, venn, wing etc Probably reviewed this as part of the merger reshuffle. Timing fits.