Liberty Wireless

More
7 months 1 week ago #43599 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Liberty Wireless

Isamorph wrote:

joeuser wrote: I contacted Liberty Wireless support via email and got a speedy reply today.
I asked how long I had to activate a plan purchased on ebay.
They responded that the sim cards expire in 2 years so the plan has to be activated before then.
But they encourage people to activate much sooner since they offer a 14 day return policy on their plans.
Most interesting is they said they plan on having these deals in April, when the phone I'm going to switch to Liberty ends it's plan with another carrier. Sounds encouraging so far. I'll report back after activating my 1GB ebay plan. I only purchased it early to take advantage of the 5% discount on ebay.

Thanks for the info about the two-year sim card expiration, which sounds too good to be true and I doubt anyone will take the time to confirm the two-year expiration date.

FWIW: I just got my sim from Liberty Wireless which arrival was much faster than the estimated 2/17 date. I can confirm the 2 years activate by date since my sim says to activate by 9/16/ 2022, but I won't wait until then since there's a real possibility I won't be here to do so. The only requirement to activate the card is to make one call out, which seems to make sense for a t&t only plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #43614 by joeuser
Replied by joeuser on topic Liberty Wireless
I just received my sim card today, as well. I received the same activation instructions to make any outbound call. I'll activate my card within a month. I'm curious how making any outbound call activates the sim card and selects a phone number? I also need to figure out how to check my data balance since I haven't set up any kind of account yet. Perhaps it's like Speed Talk where you can check your balance and add data or switch plans by typing in the assigned phone number without having to create an account. I'll find out soon enough. But so far, it looks promising and the company has been around for 10+ years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #43632 by Isamorph
Even though the sim will be used by someone else, I went ahead and activated it today just to be sure it worked. I put it in a dual sim phone and it showed a good signal and T-Mobile showed up in the sim card settings but not the phone#, which did show up after making the first phone call. So all went well. BTW, if for some reason one doesn't see the phone number in the phone settings after the first call, one can call 800-444-4444 which will tell you the number you are calling from.

Since @joeuser got a plan with data, I too wonder how one would check usage since the Liberty website is non-functional apart from directing everyone to call or email support for all problems and questions. Perhaps CS has a number one can call to check data usage on one's account. Also, by calling or messaging the seller, vortex-liberty, maybe one can get an answer to how to set up an account, check data, and get a refill.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #43823 by Isamorph
The Liberty Wireless website has been updated, which may be a good sign.

$10 a month or $100 yearly for Unlimited T&T + 1GB (hard capped data) on the T Mobile network. When data is used up one can buy 1 GB for $5.

A self-care app for Liberty is now available on the Play Store. EDIT: I could not find it in the Play Store--so coming soon. And an account can now be set up on their website.

libertywireless.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #43824 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Liberty Wireless
Good - looks like they are really wanting to make something of this.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #43873 by Isamorph

Isamorph wrote: The Liberty Wireless website has been updated, which may be a good sign.

$10 a month or $100 yearly for Unlimited T&T + 1GB (hard capped data) on the T Mobile network. When data is used up one can buy 1 GB for $5.

A self-care app for Liberty is now available on the Play Store. EDIT: I could not find it in the Play Store--so coming soon. And an account can now be set up on their website.

libertywireless.com/

Just to update and mention the Liberty Wireless android app is now in the play store and can be downloaded.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.libertywireless

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #46043 by Isamorph
Liberty Wireless latest plans.

$10 a month or $100($8.33 a month) yearly for Unlimited T&T + 1GB (hard capped data) with hotspot on the T Mobile network. When data is used up one can buy 1 GB for $5, which is cheap.

libertywireless.com/plans.php

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #46044 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Liberty Wireless

Isamorph wrote: Liberty Wireless latest plans.

$10 a month or $100($8.33 a month) yearly for Unlimited T&T + 1GB (hard capped data) with hotspot on the T Mobile network. When data is used up one can buy 1 GB for $5, which is cheap.

Has anything changed/updated since you mentioned this plan above 3 mo. ago? Hotspot added is only difference I see from previous mention?

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #46047 by Isamorph

redrotors wrote:

Isamorph wrote: Liberty Wireless latest plans.

Has anything changed/updated since you mentioned this plan above 3 mo. ago? Hotspot added is only difference I see from previous mention?

Below is a link to the changes PPPN mentioned, although the $10 unlimited t&t 1GB plan has been the same for sometime, and so not really changed.

www.prepaidphonenews.com/2020/05/liberty-wireless-makes-new-changes-to.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: redrotors