New(ish) Sprint MVNO-- Hello Mobile/ Q Link Mobile

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #40279 by sovashadow
If someone doesnt need support at all, is this a good service. Or is the coverage worse than regular sprint?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #40280 by KentE
It should be the same as any MVNO that has native Sprint coverage only. (That's most of them, other than Ting & Twigby.) I'm not sure there's even a route for it being restricted beyond that. Although the Hello Mobile FAQ implies roaming, it might not be correct.

The prices are good. I haven't read any complaints that didn't involve support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #40281 by joeuser
Just a quick update. I tried again and was finally able to cancel my service.
It took 38 minutes of being on hold and getting transferred to cancel the service.
Only a supervisor via phone can cancel the service. No cancellations via chat, no cancellations via email.

For those thinking of Hello, should probably consider Tello instead. They have a great deal for about $10 /mo.
For old Freedompop Sprint users, Redpocket has a good deal too. Surprisingly the taxes on Redpocket are very low (something like $0.30 on the $9 plan that provides unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data).
Both of these providers have excellent customer service without the runaround. Not to mention both have excellent website interfaces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #40286 by tech-stitch
Agreed! I certainly would stick with Tello and RedPocket considering the reports and the rates. Maybe for a buck a month would I go through that trouble. I do thank everyone for their posts on this company, so we can make informed decisions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1

More
3 months 1 week ago #42458 by isusernamemandatory
Hello Mobile has been pretty decent for me. Had 3 other friends family switch to Hello mobile with no issues. Not sure if they have improved their support lately.

If you are already on Sprint and do BYOPhone / BYOSim / BYONumber, then the transition is much smooth.

Chat support on their website has been pretty good than their voice support (i do not have facebook account, so couldn't check their facebook support).

Porting happens overnight and if porting, do it on a weekday - between sunday night to friday morning. If porting is initiated on friday night, it doesn't happen until monday morning. That is what i have seen so for.

I did have 2 weeks delay to get the sim for one line, and after talking to their CC, they adjusted the billing cycle to begin on port completion date.

I was on sprint free line and the service has been on par with i had before (maybe Sprint coverage is better here). Only difference is , my network shows as Boost mobile now :)

One good thing about hellomobile to other mvno's in this range is, hellomobile includes free international texts and calls to 60 countries.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 1 week ago #42461 by KentE
International call/text would be a big plus for some folks!
thanks for the report, isusernamemandatory. Hello Mobile remains tempting for me at some point, so it's good to see a positive review.

More
3 months 1 week ago #42466 by Zubrin
Hello Mobile $5 (taxes included) has 500MB data, 500 Minutes and unlimited texting, plus 2nd month free. It looks like a good alternative if Tello insists PAYG accounts buying monthly plan.

More
3 months 1 week ago #42506 by SuccessOne
Never had Hello Mobile. Was wondering if it's hard to cancel services, is it easier to port-out? Easy to get account number, passcode, etc. to port out?